Rescue me! D1 help needed

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by huskur, Jan 21, 2011.

1. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Did some searching but did not find any definitive answers. Here's my problem:

I upgraded to a Droid X (great phone and not the problem). This is the issue. My droid 1 sat for a couple of months til a friend wanted to try it. It was rooted running UD 1.0. Before i gave it to him i removed all my private info from the SD and then reflashed the phone. So when the phone started up it was at the "touch the droid" state. Activated the phone on VZW.com with no issues but when he tried to log into his gmail account it gave the error "no data connection". So i flashed it again, same problem. HHHMMM So i went back to a OLD (and i mean old, it was 2.1) nandroid backup and everything worked great but with data and all but in order to remove my gmail account i had to "factory data reset" the phone. Which i did. After it booted and was running i noticed that there was no "superuser" icon in the app drawer. I also noticed it was downloading an update that was 45.2 MB (the froyo update). I figured no big deal, it would update and my friend would have a stock 2.2 phone. (which is fine because he just wants to use the phone for a couple of months to see how he likes android before he jumps into a droid global) Anyway, the installation was blocked by sprecovery 99.3b

So i still have recovery......what now? before i screw anything up.....can i just download a rom with root (superuser) built in and install like any of the hundred other times i flashed?

Thanks in advance

2. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, just install a ROM that is rooted, and you should be good to go. Weird that you had no data connection before. Good luck!

3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    I'm confused. What do you want to do that you can't do? There are about three different things listed in that post and they all contradict each other. :)