[RECOVERY] Amon Ra Recovery Image [FASTBOOT]

athack

Reaction score
I did create nandroid backup in amon ra recovery can i rename and move it to sd2?

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did create nandroid backup in amon ra recovery can i rename and move it to sd2?

I generally leave backups as is, i never move them or rename them, as it can cause the recovery to not be able to find it when you need to restore it. If you really want you can just make a copy and place in a folder on your computer for safe keeping.

Rosas

Reaction score
Im clueless on how to install this. I don't want to mess up my phone so can anyone help me? I'm currently on a black screen with an exclamation mark and don't know if whats its doing? Can i take out the battery?

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Im clueless on how to install this. I don't want to mess up my phone so can anyone help me? I'm currently on a black screen with an exclamation mark and don't know if whats its doing? Can i take out the battery?

Yes you can take the battery out. You want to be in HBOOT to install AmonRa. After you pull the battery put it back in, then hold down power and volume down until you see a screen that says "Fastboot". Plug into your PC and if you have the necessary files, open a command prompt and change directory to your android SDK. Then issue the command "fastboot flash recovery <path to amon-ra .img file>" That will flash amon ra. Then you can choose the recovery option on your phone and you're in. You need to make sure to replace the battery covery when before you boot back into the phone otherwise you won't have any reception.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Version 3.14 of the AmonRa Recovery image is now available, see details in OP.

athack

Reaction score
cant get it to work keeps coming up with the old version 3.13 when i go into recovery.. when im in adb command it sends...C:\Android> fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.imgsending 'recovery' (7074 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.384s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.445s]
finished. total time: 3.830s
Version 3.14 of the AmonRa Recovery image is now available, see details in OP.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
cant get it to work keeps coming up with the old version 3.13 when i go into recovery.. when im in adb command it sends...C:\Android> fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.imgsending 'recovery' (7074 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.384s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.445s]
finished. total time: 3.830s

Looks like you're spot on. Are you sure it's 3.13? You should be able to go right from HBOOT and flashing amon-ra to choose recovery(on screen) and it should be 3.14

athack

Reaction score
tried it twice and both times same thing 3.13 on the bottom of recovery screen tried it like u said from hboot to recovery and then again with rebooting... would it matter if the 3.13 recovery is still in the adk folder where the 3.14 is???
Looks like you're spot on. Are you sure it's 3.13? You should be able to go right from HBOOT and flashing amon-ra to choose recovery(on screen) and it should be 3.14

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
tried it twice and both times same thing 3.13 on the bottom of recovery screen tried it like u said from hboot to recovery and then again with rebooting... would it matter if the 3.13 recovery is still in the adk folder where the 3.14 is???

Only if you were typing the name of the 3.13 file in your fastboot command(which it doesn't look like you did). If memory serves they changed from red(3.13) back to blue(3.14) is everything still red? Could be they just didn't update the version number.

athack

Reaction score
no everything is blue... so i guess it might be 3.14 just that didnt change the version? i dont know if it was like this in 3.13 but if i touch the home button it jumps to power off... search button automatically reboots phone... menu button drops it down to usb ???

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
No clue. I still use 3.10. I have no urge to upgrade when 3.10 does the same but doesn't let ROMs auto flash my kernel(which I prefer)

jvanderholf

Reaction score
Trying to send the amon-ra.img to my device via fastboot, and I get the following:

sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.419s]
writing 'recover'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 3.401s

My bootloader is unlocked, so I don't know what else it might be referring to. Any suggestions?