[RECOVERY] Amon Ra Recovery Image [FASTBOOT]

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound Development' started by macpro88, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Rosas

Rosas New Member

ok thanks i solved it.
  2. macpro88

macpro88 DF Super Moderator

Version 3.14 of the AmonRa Recovery image is now available, see details in OP.
  3. athack

athack New Member

cant get it to work keeps coming up with the old version 3.13 when i go into recovery.. when im in adb command it sends...C:\Android> fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.imgsending 'recovery' (7074 KB)...
    OKAY [ 1.384s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [ 2.445s]
    finished. total time: 3.830s
  4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Looks like you're spot on. Are you sure it's 3.13? You should be able to go right from HBOOT and flashing amon-ra to choose recovery(on screen) and it should be 3.14
  5. athack

athack New Member

tried it twice and both times same thing 3.13 on the bottom of recovery screen tried it like u said from hboot to recovery and then again with rebooting... would it matter if the 3.13 recovery is still in the adk folder where the 3.14 is???
  6. MrSmith317

Only if you were typing the name of the 3.13 file in your fastboot command(which it doesn't look like you did). If memory serves they changed from red(3.13) back to blue(3.14) is everything still red? Could be they just didn't update the version number.
  7. athack

athack New Member

no everything is blue... so i guess it might be 3.14 just that didnt change the version? i dont know if it was like this in 3.13 but if i touch the home button it jumps to power off... search button automatically reboots phone... menu button drops it down to usb ???
  8. MrSmith317

No clue. I still use 3.10. I have no urge to upgrade when 3.10 does the same but doesn't let ROMs auto flash my kernel(which I prefer)
  9. athack

athack New Member

ok thank you mr smith317
  10. jvanderholf

jvanderholf New Member

Trying to send the amon-ra.img to my device via fastboot, and I get the following:

sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...
    OKAY [ 1.419s]
    writing 'recover'...
    (bootloader) signature checking...
    FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
    finished. total time: 3.401s

My bootloader is unlocked, so I don't know what else it might be referring to. Any suggestions?
  11. Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman New Member

click this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...-instructions-how-instal-amonra-recovery.html
  12. jvanderholf

jvanderholf New Member

That article was very helpful, up until the point that I realized I have already done everything that is suggested. And the actual problem the user ran into was bad USB drivers. I have no problem connecting my device, and getting the .img to start pushing. It's after that when everything flies off the handle. let me post the FULL command prompt:

c:\android-sdk_r16-windows\SDK\platform-tools>fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img

sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...
    OKAY [ 1.425s]
    writing 'recover'...
    (bootloader) signature checking...
    FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
    finished. total time: 3.365s

That shows the path I'm running from, the command I'm initiating, and the name of the .img file I'm trying to push. It starts to send ("sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...") and says everything is ok. Then it starts "writing 'recover'...". Once it gets to the part of checking the bootloader signature it fails ("FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)"). That's the part that I don't understand, and am having a hard time with. I'm unlocked, everything has worked perfectly fine up until this point. Just at the "(bootloader) signature checking..." it runs into an issue.
  13. macpro88

Well lets go through our checklist...

You are unlocked correct (I see you said you are, just like to double check)?
    -Does bootloader say you are "UNLOCKED" at the top of the screen?

You are connected via USB and phone is in "FASTBOOT USB" mode correct?

Have you tried a second time right after it fails? <-- this worked for me one time when recovery wouldn't flash

Did you VERIFY the MD5 checksum of the recovery? <-- a bad download may hinder it from being flashed

Have you tried a different USB port?

Proper HTC drivers installed?
  14. MrSmith317

The problem is the command line. He put "fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img" instead of fastboot flash recovery amon-ra.img
  15. macpro88

Yeah, that's what made me ask, there should be no sig check, none that I've noticed at least.

@jvanderholf - when you went to unlock the bootloader were you prompted with the unlock screen with a choice of "yes" and "no?" And you did select "yes" correct?

I know some people have chosen "no" cause they don't want to loose all their data and stuff, when you chose "no," you are not unlocked, it does not mean that you are unlocked and got to keep your stuff.
  16. Walter4

Walter4 New Member

hmmmm...maybe im too much of a noob...i managed to unlock the rezound via the htc dev site. im not sure how to run "adb reboot recovery" or the fastboot command...or even what "flash the recovery" means....i understand the basic concept of flashing the recovery...but im just not sure where to save the amon img. file...i saved it on my computer...but how do i "flash it on the recovery"?

I want to "root" for wireless tether and to delete bloatware. Im sorry if im too much of a noob for anyone to help me. hahaha. i consider myself fairly good at figuring things out on my computer and phone...but all this new terminology has my feeling retarded. plz help :)
  17. MrSmith317

What you need to do is to download Amon-Ra, and say you drop the .img file in c:\temp. Connect your phone to the PC and reboot the phone into HBOOT(like you did to unlock). You're going to open a command prompt and change directory to where you have fastboot. Then issue the command "fastboot flash recovery c:\temp\<youramonra.img>" . This flashes Amon-Ra. Now when you reboot into recovery you can go in the developer menu and install superuser. Once you do this, reboot into the phone normally and download Superuser from the market(google play store)
  18. Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme New Member

Good evening,

I am in the midst of rooting my new rezound and I am stuck. I currently have the bootloader unlocked. I am currently in fastboot and it is showing unlocked fastboot usb. I have been trying to flash recovery (tried many many different things) but i keep getting errors. last being

C:\Users\Nicole>fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img
    'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

1mo
  19. Wonmotyme

Wonmotyme New Member

Not sure if you were directing your statement towards my post but in case you were. I am not running ROM manager I am trying to flash amon ra
  20. Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman New Member

try flashboot flash recovery amonra.img
Search tags for this page

amon ra recovery

amon ra recovery download

amon ra recovery rezound

amon ra rezound
amon ra's recovery image download
amon ra’s recovery image
amon ra’s recovery image download
amon recovery