[RECOVERY] Amon Ra Recovery Image [FASTBOOT]

Bigbootyman

Reaction score

jvanderholf

Reaction score
That article was very helpful, up until the point that I realized I have already done everything that is suggested. And the actual problem the user ran into was bad USB drivers. I have no problem connecting my device, and getting the .img to start pushing. It's after that when everything flies off the handle. let me post the FULL command prompt:

c:\android-sdk_r16-windows\SDK\platform-tools>fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img

sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.425s]
writing 'recover'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 3.365s

That shows the path I'm running from, the command I'm initiating, and the name of the .img file I'm trying to push. It starts to send ("sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...") and says everything is ok. Then it starts "writing 'recover'...". Once it gets to the part of checking the bootloader signature it fails ("FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)"). That's the part that I don't understand, and am having a hard time with. I'm unlocked, everything has worked perfectly fine up until this point. Just at the "(bootloader) signature checking..." it runs into an issue.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That article was very helpful, up until the point that I realized I have already done everything that is suggested. And the actual problem the user ran into was bad USB drivers. I have no problem connecting my device, and getting the .img to start pushing. It's after that when everything flies off the handle. let me post the FULL command prompt:

c:\android-sdk_r16-windows\SDK\platform-tools>fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img

sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.425s]
writing 'recover'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 3.365s

That shows the path I'm running from, the command I'm initiating, and the name of the .img file I'm trying to push. It starts to send ("sending 'recover' (7074 KB)...") and says everything is ok. Then it starts "writing 'recover'...". Once it gets to the part of checking the bootloader signature it fails ("FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)"). That's the part that I don't understand, and am having a hard time with. I'm unlocked, everything has worked perfectly fine up until this point. Just at the "(bootloader) signature checking..." it runs into an issue.

Well lets go through our checklist...

You are unlocked correct (I see you said you are, just like to double check)?
-Does bootloader say you are "UNLOCKED" at the top of the screen?

You are connected via USB and phone is in "FASTBOOT USB" mode correct?

Have you tried a second time right after it fails? <-- this worked for me one time when recovery wouldn't flash

Did you VERIFY the MD5 checksum of the recovery? <-- a bad download may hinder it from being flashed

Have you tried a different USB port?

Proper HTC drivers installed?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is the command line. He put "fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img" instead of fastboot flash recovery amon-ra.img

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is the command line. He put "fastboot flash recover amon-ra.img" instead of fastboot flash recovery amon-ra.img

Yeah, that's what made me ask, there should be no sig check, none that I've noticed at least.

@jvanderholf - when you went to unlock the bootloader were you prompted with the unlock screen with a choice of "yes" and "no?" And you did select "yes" correct?

I know some people have chosen "no" cause they don't want to loose all their data and stuff, when you chose "no," you are not unlocked, it does not mean that you are unlocked and got to keep your stuff.

Walter4

Reaction score
You can just connect the phone to the computer and run "adb reboot recovery" that way you don't have to battery pull :D then you can run the fastboot command to flash the recovery. cd to the directory were you normally would for fastboot, and adb is in the same place.

hmmmm...maybe im too much of a noob...i managed to unlock the rezound via the htc dev site. im not sure how to run "adb reboot recovery" or the fastboot command...or even what "flash the recovery" means....i understand the basic concept of flashing the recovery...but im just not sure where to save the amon img. file...i saved it on my computer...but how do i "flash it on the recovery"?

I want to "root" for wireless tether and to delete bloatware. Im sorry if im too much of a noob for anyone to help me. hahaha. i consider myself fairly good at figuring things out on my computer and phone...but all this new terminology has my feeling retarded. plz help :)

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
What you need to do is to download Amon-Ra, and say you drop the .img file in c:\temp. Connect your phone to the PC and reboot the phone into HBOOT(like you did to unlock). You're going to open a command prompt and change directory to where you have fastboot. Then issue the command "fastboot flash recovery c:\temp\<youramonra.img>" . This flashes Amon-Ra. Now when you reboot into recovery you can go in the developer menu and install superuser. Once you do this, reboot into the phone normally and download Superuser from the market(google play store)

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Good evening,

I am in the midst of rooting my new rezound and I am stuck. I currently have the bootloader unlocked. I am currently in fastboot and it is showing unlocked fastboot usb. I have been trying to flash recovery (tried many many different things) but i keep getting errors. last being

C:\Users\Nicole>fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

1mo

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Not sure if you were directing your statement towards my post but in case you were. I am not running ROM manager I am trying to flash amon ra

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good evening,

I am in the midst of rooting my new rezound and I am stuck. I currently have the bootloader unlocked. I am currently in fastboot and it is showing unlocked fastboot usb. I have been trying to flash recovery (tried many many different things) but i keep getting errors. last being

C:\Users\Nicole>fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

1mo

Do you have the Android SDK installed? If so you need to change directory to the Android SDK/tools directory then issue the fastboot command. If you don't have the Android SDK installed...Happy birthday. The attached file contains fastboot, adb and a few DLL's. Unzip this file and in your command prompt change directory to wherever you unzipped the file to. For example:

Unzip the carepackage.zip file to c:\temp
*You may want to copy your amon-ra img file there as well*
open command prompt
type cd\temp
then fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img

Of course you need your phone connected via USB and in HBOOT, but I'm assuming you've already done that....

sgardner113

Reaction score
Hello all, new Rezound owner here, from an HTC Thunderbolt. OF course, being rooted, I cant stand to have a new phone and not root it. Im stuck at the above step. I have the Rezound unlocked, and it bootloader fastbootusb attached, tried the HTC sync driver install/unistall/reinstall download/delet/redownload of the amon ra file 3.14, and when I sent the recovery file over to the phone i get this:

C:\Temp>fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'recovery' (7074 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.498s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 3.822s

any help with this isa appreciated. I have the android folder on my c drive, but I figured I would try the above to see if I had any luck. Im stuck, it isnt working for some reason. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

sgardner113

Reaction score
also, I should expand, I still have S-ON, so I was wondering, is that what is preventing me from flashing the recovery file? I dont do this stuff often, so forgive my noobishness. At least I I got it unlocked...:biggrin:

Just getting very frustrated here...my Thunderbolt was soooo easy to root compared to this...

sgardner113

Reaction score
Aight, figured it out. Of all the stupid stuff, I had to switch to a different USB port on my comp. Gah, I feel dumb. But after that, loaded like a champ, and now Im rooted. However, it still doesnt say S-Off in the bootloader menu...guess Ill have to figure that one out.

brewner

Reaction score
piggy backing here. anyone have mac instructions to install amonra? i've looked but it's hard to sift through threads with several pages.