Amon Ra Recovery...

jbg25

Reaction score
[updated] Amon Ra Recovery...working on rezound

So things seem to be moving rapidly...I have loaded this and made my nandroid already. Works! (I tested it)

IF you have already unlocked your bootloader and rooted...then download and unzip the file here and put it in the your folder with ADB and Fastboot (probably platform-tools)

[Recovery] Amon Ra style vigor - xda-developers

Boot into Fastboot

Connect your phone via USB and open a cmd prompt to the folder you stored the files in...and push via fastboot.

edit...here is the fastboot command

"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Last edited:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you, will give this a try. Wasn't sure if I should have posted that as well since its technically not made for the Rezound?

This is my first HTC phone, so I'm still new to this whole open HTC phone lol

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Updated Amon-Ra has been giving some people issues... 3.11 I believe. It freezes on the boot animation screen after flashing. If that happens, go back to an older version.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Stupid question....How do you guys boot into recovery with Amon Ra? I just installed Rom Manager and use the shortcut to boot into recovery. Only other way I know is the battery pull and boot into fastboot then select boot to recovery.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
you pretty much have it.

Some roms have an extended power menu baked in...so when you hit restart/reboot...you can choose recovery from a group of options.

Otherwise you need an app to do it. I have the same issue on the ICS rom I am on...and I am using the app "absolute system". makes it easy as it is right at the top of the app drawer; and once it opens you just hit the menu soft button then Reboot Recovery.

haroldg

Reaction score
Until I embedded a 4-in-1 power menu in my syock deodexed ROM, I used Reboot Manager to get into recovery or hboot.

Harold

Dumped down the interwebs from my HTC Rezound

Insidious

Reaction score
I'm really tired as I'm typing this, and my brain is derping. What is the command to put cmd into the directory that you've dropped the .img in?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
open up cmd and type "cd [directory goes here ie C:\android\rezound\platform-tools\]

than you can use adb and fastboot

jeff0r3

Reaction score
i've tried like 5 times to get this recovery on my phone. i currently have cwm, but seem several roms recommend using amon ra... I can't get it to take no matter what method i try..

I tried fastboot method described above.. Nothing works..

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
i've tried like 5 times to get this recovery on my phone. i currently have cwm, but seem several roms recommend using amon ra... I can't get it to take no matter what method i try..

I tried fastboot method described above.. Nothing works..

1. make sure you place Amon Ra in the same folder as Fastboot.exe
2. right click the file, and hit properties.
3. copy location "C:xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
4. start menu -> run...type "cmd"
5. type "cd " then right click and paste the location...hit enter
6. type "fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img"

jeff0r3

Reaction score
ok, followed those instructions just as I have in the past.. Just hangs at <waiting for device>

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
ok, followed those instructions just as I have in the past.. Just hangs at <waiting for device>

I know this sounds stupid...but

your phone is in fastboot mode right? and does it say fastboot USB in red on the screen near the top?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Your phone should be at the white HBOOT screen and say "Fastboot USB". If you are there, unplug and replug the phone. Also make sure HTC sync isn't running....worse come to worst reboot your PC and try again.