[RECOVERY] Amon Ra Recovery Image [FASTBOOT]

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
piggy backing here. anyone have mac instructions to install amonra? i've looked but it's hard to sift through threads with several pages.

SSDD. Get the Mac/Linux Android SDK(if you don't already have it) and from a command prompt "fastboot flash recovery <whatever_your_amon_ra_img_file_is>" and you're off and running.

brewner

Reaction score
SSDD. Get the Mac/Linux Android SDK(if you don't already have it) and from a command prompt "fastboot flash recovery <whatever_your_amon_ra_img_file_is>" and you're off and running.

thank you sir! can you tell me what SSDD means? and do you mean command prompt from the terminal?

brewner

Reaction score
fwiw, i tried that command via terminal, and as expected, it failed. so i'm sure i'm doing something wrong (duh)

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
fwiw, i tried that command via terminal, and as expected, it failed. so i'm sure i'm doing something wrong (duh)

Do you have the Andriod SDK installed? Did you change directory to where ever you installed it? Quick example. Say I downloaded and installed the SDK into /AndroidSDK then:

copy your amon-ra img file into /AndroidSDK/platform-tools/
open a command prompt
type "cd /AndroidSDK/platform-tools/"
then "fastboot flash recovery <your amon_ra.img_file>"

brewner

Reaction score
yep, installed the android sdk. i renamed it to android, put it on the root of the mac hd. i typed cd android/platforms tools/ and hit enter, then your command with the full name, and got command not found.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I forgot a "./"
"./fastboot flash recovery <your amon_ra.img_file>" instead of "fastboot flash recovery <your amon_ra.img_file>"

brewner

Reaction score
I think I forgot a "./"
"./fastboot flash recovery <your amon_ra.img_file>" instead of "fastboot flash recovery <your amon_ra.img_file>"

okay, did that, got this:

Brians-iMac:~ grunerbr$ cd /android/platform-tools
Brians-iMac:platform-tools grunerbr$ ./fastboot flash recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.14-gnm.img
sending 'recovery' (7074 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.445s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.191s]
finished. total time: 3.636s
Brians-iMac:platform-tools grunerbr$

what now?

brewner

Reaction score
ah, rebooted into bootloader, installed su and superuser, so i guess superuser will be in my apps?

brewner

Reaction score
okay, superuser is there, but file explorer and titanium backup both failed to gain root access. did it not work?

brewner

Reaction score
does it matter at all that i installed the ICS leak prior to this?

brewner

Reaction score
oh for crying out loud... superuser isn't in my apps anymore.