Please help with recovery

sbb888

Reaction score
I've tried every thing I can think of to get amon ra recovery. I have the update so I used the updated recovery from xda. I've tried zipped,unzipped, versions 3.10,3.11,3.12,3.13, all with no luck. When I boot it up it loads a bunck of green writing down the page real fast and at the end of it it says something about no image found.
I am just dragging the file over into the sd card of the phone, (not the storage) as it says. If I try to go into the recovery from this screen it just takes me to the red triangle
I started on this Saturday at noon and will even miss the superbowl if that's what it takes!
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

jchammer123

Reaction score
You have to flash the recovery via fastboot on your computer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
sbb888

sbb888

Reaction score
Ok I am trying that now, still with no luck. I am plugged into the computer in the hboot screen. I opened the cmd, (this is where things are not real clear to me) and have C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot recovery recovery-ra-vigor-3.1.3-gnm.img typed in.
Then it has a whole bunch of commands and options. Then it prompted me at the bottom of that and I have C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recover recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img
<waiting for device >

Am also reading when in hboot screen It should say fastbootusb, mine just says fastboot. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Last edited:

jchammer123

Reaction score
It's been a little bit since I flashed it, but make sure your phone has fastboot checked, and your phone is in charge mode only when you plug it in. I believe USB debugging needs to be checked as well.

Also, did you disable or uninstall HTC sync on your computer. I don't know if it matters on the flashing of the recovery, but I know that's why many people at getting the waiting for device error. Make sure you uninstall sync but not the HTC drivers.

OP
sbb888

sbb888

Reaction score
When I click on htc sync it says no devices found so it is not installed, correct? also there is a picture of the htc sync in the system tray with a red x on it. Is that what we want? I just found the sync in control panel so I uninstalled it. Does the path in the cmd look ok? By the way I also hit the fastboot while in the hboot screen and it take me to the fastboot usb(so I got that figured out at least) Alot of questions, SORRY

Ok , it said C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recover
y recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img
sending 'recovery' (7074 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.466s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 5.130s]
finished. total time: 6.597s

By George I think I got it. Only about 14 hours getting unlock and recovery, not bad LOL

Last edited:

jchammer123

Reaction score
Lol, it took me a long time to get it myself. But it feels good when you finally do get it.

OP
sbb888

sbb888

Reaction score
Got an extra 6 hours before bed time, I'll see if I can get a rom on this thing hehe. Got any suggestions ?

jchammer123

Reaction score
Do you want GB or ics?

GB, I like Ineffabilis 1.0, lots of nice tweaks. Or Clean ROM 1.65, which is just a nice debloated stock ROM.

Ics, there's a lot of choices depending on if you want sense or not. I tend to lean towards Scotts roms, he has both sense and non sense roms.

Note of caution though, make sure you read and understand all the instructions and warnings about flashing some roms, and if you have any questions, just ask. They all install a little different.

JTAC

Reaction score
Just a heads up. The official ClockWork Mod recovery is now available. I am running that and Scott's ROMs version 1.6.5. Perfect so far.

OP
sbb888

sbb888

Reaction score
jc, what is the difference between GB & ICS? I've been looking at scottsroms also. Was thinking about one of the new cleanroms but not sure which one (gb or ics)

OP
sbb888

sbb888

Reaction score
JTAC, Thanks for the heads up but after taking 14 hours to get the Amon Ra recovery to work, I wouldn't DREAM of changing it for at least 2 days lol

jchammer123

Reaction score
jc, what is the difference between GB & ICS? I've been looking at scottsroms also. Was thinking about one of the new cleanroms but not sure which one (gb or ics)

GB (gingerbread) is what the rezound runs on stock. Ics (ice cream sandwich) is the latest version of Android.

GB is extremely stable and works good on the rezound. Ics, once it's developed more or officially released for the rezound will better manage the dual cores on the rezound thus making it faster. It has great features, but still has a few bugs that need to be worked out but for the most part it's pretty stable.

OP
sbb888

sbb888

Reaction score
I ike the way the phone works now so I think I'll try scotts 1.65. Did you run 1.65 on your phone and if you did, did you have good luck with it? I'm going to go right now and look at the other rom you suggest

jchammer123

Reaction score
I'm currently running 1.65, and love it. Very smooth and no problems at all. He got rid of all the bloat and made some nice improvements. It's not a ROM that you can customize much, but rather an enhanced version of the stock ROM. Ineffabilis has a few more mods that can be made and is very smooth as well.

Like I said before be careful. Ineffabilis was built on the previous version before the ota was released. Clean ROM was built on the version after the ota. So if you install Clean ROM first it makes it EXTREMELY difficult to go back to a ROM that was built on the old version, (if that makes sense). That's what Scott means when he says his ROM will update your Mainver.

OP
sbb888

sbb888

Reaction score
I was on the original clean rom then rebloated, took the ota, then factory rest, unlocked, installed recovery and rooted. This looks like the way I installed the original cleanrom.