1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Amon Ra Recovery Fixed for Htc Rezound with S-OFF

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, May 6, 2012.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

A few weeks ago a method for achieving S-OFF on the Rezound was released. This allows for all sorts of good stuff like flashing unsigned custom images as well as other mods. However with new development often comes issues. Firmware updates often break root, new rom bases can kill a theme, and in this case turning off security forked the custom recovery especially the nandroid backup function and sdcard mount function. Luckily there is now a fix for the Amon Ra Recovery thanks to "carm01" of Xda. It should be noted that the nandroid backup fix will require you to wipe the sdcard twice so before moving forward it is highly recommended that you backup your sdcard. It always sucks to erase that thing and then later remember you had all the daughter's birthday pictures stored there. Once you have your backup of the sdcard you will reflash the recovery, wipe sdcard, boot back into the rom, then erase the sdcard again. The sdcard mount fix requires you to format the sdcard using default settings. This fix is said to work for most, but may not work for all.

via XDA
  2. loki993

loki993 New Member

Interestingly enough the s-off did not break my Amon Ra as far as I know. It still sees the card and I can still do backups. I have not, however, tried a restore though, haven't needed to :).

This didnt break everyone right?
Search tags for this page
amon ra instructions recovery rezound s-off
amon ra recovery
amon ra s-off
amon ra, recovery

how to s-off htc rezound

rezound roms amon ra

rezound s-off

rheumatoid arthritis recovery
s-off on htc rezound