Razr Maxx Car Dock

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Can you tell me how that audio works....I don't have any special jacks or connections in my car, just a regular old cd player and radio. I have read that others say you can hear calls through the cars speakers. Would I be able to hear calls using that cable? The dock I have came with just the 3.5 cable that I guess plugs into the phone but with no where to plug it in I don't use it.

If your car did have Bluetooth you would hear calls through the car speakers. If it had a jack for auxiliary input you can also get the sound through the speakers. If the radio had a cassette deck, there are adapters that convert the audio from the headphone jack to electromagnetic signal and pass it to the head on your cassette deck through a device that looks like a cassette but with a cord coming off and instead of tape, it has a mating head to pass the signal to your car radio. If your car radio head doesn't have an input jack (found on newer radios and on after-market radios), and also doesn't have a cassette deck, and doesn't support Bluetooth, you are left with an FM transmitter as your only option. You can still transmit the signal via FM and use the radio tuner to receive the signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

TJon

Reaction score
Razor Maxx car dock

I just picked up a new Razr Maxx only to find the car dock is missing in action. What I mean is it's been removed from the Verizon website, 1 to 2 month delay in shipping from Amazon and the inability to check out with it in your cart from Motorola's website. Clearly something is going on which sucks for me as I use my phone as my GPS. Coming from a Thunderbolt which I had the car dock for maybe I should have had the car dock in hand before switching device.

Don't get me wrong I love the Maxx I just need that car dock. In the mean time I will keep looking for it.

Go to Amazon.com They have one that's even better than the one at the Verizon store. It has the 2-in-1 cable for power and audio.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Amazon.com: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]This car dock is highly recommended and universal to all Androids, also navigate, search, play music, make and receive calls while driving and charge the Razr. Amazon will have it shipped out by May 18th if purchased today, otherwise I'm sure its a standard day to be shipped.

I have this dock and love it for the music aspect, but there's a bug in the OS and if the phone is in the dock and using navigation, unless it is playing sound thorough the car stereo, you don't hear the directions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

KingTigerII

Reaction score
Shortley after I got my Razr Maxx I wanted a car dock. My phone before the Razr Maxx was a Droid X and I had a car dock for it. In looking that dock over I discovered it could be taken apart. I removed the slide in plastic insert made to fit my Droid X. Then I removed the second plastic insert by taking out the four screws from the back. After removing the second plastic insert I was able to see and remove the electrical cable and contacts that were for my Droid X. I then reassembled the dock but with out the original slid in plastic insert. My Razr Maxx fits perfect into the altered dock. If I need to have power I simply plug my car charging cable that came with my Droid X car dock and it works fine. Save yourself some money and pick one up on eBay for between $12-15.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Saved me $50 bucks since I just upgraded from the X and had my car dock still.

Sandlotje

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the issue of the phone being too heavy for the dock so the phone tends to start off facing me on trips and eventually if I don't correct it, it'll end up facing the floor.... It seems like the joint at the ball is not as tight as it should be to hold everything in place.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Does anyone else have the issue of the phone being too heavy for the dock so the phone tends to start off facing me on trips and eventually if I don't correct it, it'll end up facing the floor.... It seems like the joint at the ball is not as tight as it should be to hold everything in place.

No, but I have the nut around the cup turned pretty tight onto the threads of the socket. Perhaps you are just not tightening it enough or you are missing the nut. I believe there is a small rubber ring in the back of the socket where the ball fits into which is intended to add friction. If that ring had fallen out, that could allow it to be loose. I believe it can be replaced but may be hard to find the right size.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Last edited:

nichol

Reaction score
Problem with Car Dock and Navigation

I just got the Motorola car dock for the Razr Maxx and I'm having a problem with the navigation. I first turned on the navigation and put the phone in the dock, it worked great. Then I took the phone out (with navigation still on) and the next time I put the phone in the dock to use the navigation, the navigation screen was completely blacked out. My husband has the same phone and it did the same exact thing. Any ideas on what could be going on?

davep471

Reaction score
Same issue here....

I just got the Motorola car dock for the Razr Maxx and I'm having a problem with the navigation. I first turned on the navigation and put the phone in the dock, it worked great. Then I took the phone out (with navigation still on) and the next time I put the phone in the dock to use the navigation, the navigation screen was completely blacked out. My husband has the same phone and it did the same exact thing. Any ideas on what could be going on?

I am having the same issue as well. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Jimmy8881

Reaction score
I am having the same issue as well. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

same problem with an original razr, only workaround i found is to make sure you exit the navigation before removing the phone from the dock, if you dont the navigation app will stay on with gps on and drain your battery a lot faster, only way i found to turn the app off is rebooting the phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If you go into task manager, can you close navigation that way?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Larmo222

Reaction score
i just got the motorola OEM Maxx dock, and im generally happy with it, but I've got a question. When its plugged into the dock, the anoying GPS location found notification toggles on every 2 seconds or so. Is there a way to stop this anoying notification?????

Easyryder01

Reaction score
What I did was go into the manage apps and disable the vz navigator because it was very annoying. Another I'm trying to find out is before ics when the phone was in the car cradle and no matter what window you were in when you hit the home button it would send you to car dock window, now after ice you hit the home button and it sends you to your home screen not in dock.

wsmitty

Reaction score
Love my Razr Maxx and car dock

What I did was go into the manage apps and disable the vz navigator because it was very annoying. Another I'm trying to find out is before ics when the phone was in the car cradle and no matter what window you were in when you hit the home button it would send you to car dock window, now after ice you hit the home button and it sends you to your home screen not in dock.

Thanks for the tip on the vz navigator. I just disabled it. Can't wait to try it. It was totally annoying.

I am having the same problem you are on the home screen. I hope they fix it soon. I would like it to stay on the car dock home screen too.

However, I love my car dock. It works excellent besides the homescreen. I have used it quite a few times as a gps and listened to Pandora. One thing I have been having problems with is adding apps to the car dock home screen. Doesn't always work for me. Can't seem to find instructions on how to either. Is there a manual for the car dock at all?

TJon

Reaction score
Go to Amazon

You can find the car dock on Amazon.com; it's better than the one at the Verizon store as it has the 2 in 1 cable for power and audio.

TJon

Reaction score
Car dock availability

I found the car dock at amazon.com. It's better than the one sold at the Verizon store as it has the 2 in 1 cable... both power and audio in one.