Proclip car mounts

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Accessories' started by Vaclov, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Vaclov

Vaclov New Member

Does anyone here have any experience with the ProClip mounts for the MAXX? I know that they got pretty good marks for my now retired D1. If anyone does have one or has experience with it: does it activate the car dock mode and does the phone fit with with a clear skin on it similar to the BodyGaurdz skins? I'd rather not have to be constantly removing and putting back on any case whenever I want to dock my phone at home or in my car.

Alternatives are welcome, I was mainly looking at proclip since for my car (delsol) it's a vent mount which would help keep the phone cooler in this Texas heat.
  2. danwanna

danwanna New Member

I am a huge Proclip fan and have been using them for at least 3 years. I am using a bit of a hybrid with my Razr Maxx though.

I have the Proclip vent mount in my car and I typically buy the corresponding phone mount for whatever I happen to be using (GNex, Fascinate, Trophy, Galaxy Tab). This time though, I just reused a Proclip Garmin Ball Mount that I already had with the stock dock that I bought from Verizon. It fits perfectly...

The "Tilt swivel mount for Garmin" is Item No 215165 from Proclip.
  3. Vaclov

Vaclov New Member

That's pretty much the route that I ended up taking. I bought the razr maxx car mount that included the combined usb/audio cable on amazon and an Arkon adapter plate for the proclip mount instead of going with the proclip adapter. Saved about $17 vs the proclip adapter by doing that. Now if I need to switch vehicles I can still use my dock since I have the stock windshield base.
  4. tomthbomb

tomthbomb Member

I have one for my RAZR Maxx in my Jeep. Had one for my Droid 2 Global too. I like the both except for when I take a movie of where I am driving. I will start a new thread with that issue.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
Search tags for this page

215165 proclip

are pro clip mounts good
does proclipusa detect vehicle mode
droid razr maxx proclip
pro clip droid mount

proclip

proclip car mount