Question about RAZR and car dock

TheJester34

Reaction score
I have a question. I have a RAZR, a car dock and the verizon clam shell holster. Without the case, my phone fits perfectly into the dock. When I put the case on ans take the insert out of the dock it doesn't fit at all, to the point of nearly falling out. Am I missing something?

rwhyel

Reaction score
car dock

I have a question. I have a RAZR, a car dock and the verizon clam shell holster. Without the case, my phone fits perfectly into the dock. When I put the case on ans take the insert out of the dock it doesn't fit at all, to the point of nearly falling out. Am I missing something?

Hey man,

After talking to a pretty good friend of mine that manages a VZW store he told me that there isnt any case that will work with the car dock. appearently VZW is working on something but i doubt we will see anything. The story he got was that they weere trying to make an adapter that with work with the vzw clam shell and the otterbox commuter. I guess those are the 2 most popular cases. I use the commuter myself and i havent had any luck myself. Good luck and let me know if you figure anything out!

rwhyel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My wife has a razr and the otterbox commuter. It works in the dock, but it's very tight. Be sure you took out the insert and are pulling the battery connector out to snap in the phone.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
Well that would do it. I was using the car dock without the clamshell, bit I'd rather have the clamshell on it. Oh well. We'll make due for now. Thanks for the replies!