Razr accessories fit razr maxx?

dmisc

Reaction score
Anyone know if accessories like the car dock and hd dock will fit the maxx perfectly?

If I decide to get the maxx, I am hoping that I would not have to purchase another set of these accessories.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Anyone know if accessories like the car dock and hd dock will fit the maxx perfectly?

If I decide to get the maxx, I am hoping that I would not have to purchase another set of these accessories.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm wantingbto know the same thing, as I may be moving to the Maxx myself...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

msblueline

Reaction score
I too would like to know, but being that most of the hump is missing from the Maxx I hope that the space used in the OGR is not needed in the Maxx.

I looked at the difference between the OtterBox for the ODR and the DRM and there is a hump on both sides for the ODR whereas the DRM is completely smooth.

I would suggest that the hump is there for putting the screen face out on either side (using as a stand) where the DRM does not have that hump.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

msblueline

pinoy_92

Reaction score
it depends, but im pretty sure the cases for razr wont work for razr maxx

Fordsknz

Reaction score
they do not...waiting for new cases to come out as we speak. otterbox so far are out only:blink:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I too would like to know, but being that most of the hump is missing from the Maxx I hope that the space used in the OGR is not needed in the Maxx.

I looked at the difference between the OtterBox for the ODR and the DRM and there is a hump on both sides for the ODR whereas the DRM is completely smooth.

I would suggest that the hump is there for putting the screen face out on either side (using as a stand) where the DRM does not have that hump.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

msblueline

The DRM does have a very mild hump as compared to the ODR but it starts closer to the middle of the phone. If the phone were completely flat then the rear speaker opening would be blocked when the phone was resting on a table top or other flat surface, which would severely reduce the volume of sound coming from that speaker. The differing thickness from top to bottom keeps the top edge of the speaker area lifted off the table slightly allowing the sound to escape.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
The HD Dock fits just fine, the car dock is kind of loose. There is a piece of plastic that can be removed from the car dock (presumably to allow for the regular razr with a case). With this plastic in I could not get my Maxx to fit and with it out the Maxx is a little loose but it does the job. I think I might modify mine slightly to make a tighter fit but it works ok as is.

neverexisted

Reaction score
RAZR does the job quite nicely not to mention that thin 7.1mm profile. Battery serves me well the whole day (often two even) so it's no issue for me. The Maxx could have been a good deal esp. if you stream a lot from the net.

mdunk20

Reaction score
The HD dock does fit fine as long as you don't have a case on the phone. The car dock does not fit unless you remove the plastic insert on the dock. The phone fits but it is lose. I bought the soft silicone case for the regular Razr and it snugs up the phone in the car dock pretty nicely. The case doesn't fit exactly like it should since it's for the Razr. For the time being it works though. Just a heads up!