1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Razr Maxx car dock using Droid X car dock assembly

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by rlarson_mn, Feb 6, 2012.

1. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

I took my Droid X car dock apart and made it into a Razr Maxx car dock. The dock is made of three main plastic parts. The first part is a slide into place part. I removed it by sliding it upward and remove it for good since it is an insert. Next I removed the four screws in the back of the car dock and gently pried forward and removed upward the second insert. Once the second insert had been removed I could see the wire harness. I removed the wire harness and replaced the second insert and put back the four screws. What remains has enough open space to fit the Razr Maxx perfect. Only down side is there is no power directly to the car dock but I just plugged my car power adapter directly into the phone when needed. I used the car dock last Saturday for a trip that lasted for 90 minutes and did not use any power to my phone. I also had my blue tooth head set activating and the phones battery level went down 20%. On the way back I inserted the car power adapter and the phone worked perfectly. The price of a Droid X car dock on eBay is $17 and the price of a Verizon store Razr Maxx car dock is $40. Your choice. I told the store guy that waited on my what I had done and he just stood there and stared at me.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator Premium Member

Got any Pics?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

Just of the parts that remain but it's really straight forward.
Search tags for this page
are there any roms for razr maxx that have working car dock
can a droid razr car dock fit a razr maxx
diy droid razr car dock
diy razr m car mount
does the droid maxx fit in droidx dock
droid razr with droid x dock
home made razr maxx dock
how to install a car docking station for razr maxx

razr maxx car docking station

razr maxx dock diy

razr maxx docking station