Random Reboots - Help

want a droid

Reaction score
I need some help. I been getting a bunch of random reboots and really at the most annoying times. I got them on squidly and now on liberty.

I'm not overclocking or anything. I was driving today using navigation and I had been using it for 45 mins or so and I go to turn the screen on and nothing happens.

It stays shut off for like a couple minutes until I have to try to keep holding down the power until the boot animation comes up and then the phone finally comes back to life.

Any help?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you should probably discuss this over here since this is what you're currently running. Did you do a wipe of data and cache before installing this last ROM?

And if you are using task killers please get rid of them.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
I'm running Liberty 1.0....

And yes I wiped and no I'm not using a task killer.

Taegost

Reaction score
Try fixing permissions and see if that helps. The easiest ways are either through the Clockword recovery (If you're comfortable with it) or the absolute easiest is to download ROM Manager by Koush from the market. You can get the free version, and right on the main screen for it is a "Fix Permissions" button.
It'll take about a minute or two to run, and when it finishes, reboot your device.
If that still doesn't help, then you'll need to narrow down the similarities between your squidly install and your Liberty install, hardware being one of them.
Make a list of all the apps that you had installed on both ROMs (Not any of the new ones since you installed Liberty) and try uninstalling each one until you find hte one causing the problem.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try fixing permissions and see if that helps. The easiest ways are either through the Clockword recovery (If you're comfortable with it) or the absolute easiest is to download ROM Manager by Koush from the market. You can get the free version, and right on the main screen for it is a "Fix Permissions" button.
It'll take about a minute or two to run, and when it finishes, reboot your device.
If that still doesn't help, then you'll need to narrow down the similarities between your squidly install and your Liberty install, hardware being one of them.
Make a list of all the apps that you had installed on both ROMs (Not any of the new ones since you installed Liberty) and try uninstalling each one until you find hte one causing the problem.

The above is good advice. If, however, it doesn't work, I would suggest that you reinstall the rom without a wipe. And if that doesn't work, I would suggest reinstalling the rom with multiple wipes.

Good luck.

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Make sure you have music.apk in system/app if that isn't there there ya go with either rom if you delete that it will be an issue,also check for an at install mod in system/etc named install.sh usually. One last thing if you ran fission it installs su and bootstrap to preinstall if its in your system/data that may be your issue loading 2.3.20.2 will erase it to fix the issue or delete manually. If I can be of help let me know.

event121

Reaction score
Make sure you have music.apk in system/app if that isn't there there ya go with either rom if you delete that it will be an issue,also check for an at install mod in system/etc named install.sh usually. One last thing if you ran fission it installs su and bootstrap to preinstall if its in your system/data that may be your issue loading 2.3.20.2 will erase it to fix the issue or delete manually. If I can be of help let me know.

system/etc has "install-recovery.sh"

i'm on squid 2.3.20.2
weird you had your thread moved here :p

i'd recommend at the very end to wipe cache/data, .sbf, wipe cache/data, boot into stock, root & install bootstrap, reboot recovery, wipe cache/data, boot into stock rooted, factory reset, boot into recovery, wipe cache/data, install a rom, boot, enjoy :) oh and i also formated my mem card so NOTHING was left over.

that's what i did for my random reboots. has only occurred once since and i'm pretty sure it's because of my lockscreen app (since it seems to cause the display to freak out when i turn the display off/on with a power button tap).