Random Reboots

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As a tbolt owner I am not surprised the revolution is having random reboots. Both phones use the same processor and have many hardware similarities. With that said I think the random reboots both an issue from LTE and oems still experimenting with what hardware works or doesn't. I am now curious about the bionic and anxious to see how the omap processors do on LTE.

sent from droidforums app

3turner

Reaction score
I hear you on the Thunderbolt and Revolution having the same hardware...but the tbolt has one up by getting the OTA update soon to fix the random reboots...hopefully. I'm good till the 22nd to return the phone if needed. I forgot to call the store today so I'm going to call tomorrow to talk to someone. And I had one more reboot today. Had the phone in hand and was setting it down on the dresser getting ready to leave the house and there it was on the LG screen again. :|

I live outside the 4G area and have a good 3G signal in my home with the exception of one dead spot right in the center of the lower level of the house. In addition to the rebooting, I've noticed a few apps not being able to sync or fetch data....the Accuweather widget, Google Reader, Wordfeud and at times the stock browser times out. But other apps on the phone are working fine and can use the available 3G signal while I am at home. I'll be in town all day tomorrow with 4G available and will watch my phone closely for reboots or hanging apps.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I have not had a single reboot that I didn't perform. Granted I did have a moment where I ended up having to do a hard reset and that apparently fried the SIM card, but besides that, my phone has never rebooted on it's own, and I've had it for about 3 weeks now.

I'm hoping Gingerbread 2.3 will help this phone out, and we should be getting it soon.

atlredninja

Reaction score
Reboots

I too have had my phone reboot on me for no apparent reason. I have had the revolution for about 10 days now and it has rebooted about 4 times that I know of. Other than that, its an awesome phone.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
you have to remember the lte software is still basically in beta.

i have to wonder how someone skips a tbolt or a charge and gets the revo though...

3turner

Reaction score
Well I went into the store today and spoke with the techs and the store manager who has the Revolution. They both said that no other customers have mentioned random reboots, however, the manager said that her Revolution was rebooting very often during the first two weeks she had it. She then said that when it was mentioned to the LG rep of the area, that the LG rep asked for the serial number of the phone and worked her "magic" and since that time, no more reboots for her phone. What that LG rep did...I don't know. But they got my phone serial number to pass over to the LG rep and we'll see if anything happens. After my last reboot on Sunday, I did a factory reset on the phone and since then have not had any reboots. One of the driving decisions to do that factory reset was to stop Backup Assistant. It was annoying me that I could not turn off the sync of that app...which is useless if my contacts are on Google. And of course, since then, I've not had any reboots...yet...*knock on wood*. I did mention that to the tech and manager at Verizon as well.

Hopefully they can resolve the reboots for me along with two other weird problems for me being not receiving phone calls every so often and not being able to sync (with Reader mainly and other apps) or hold a signal in a 3G area here at home which makes the browser time out often.

@bendystrawboy: I didn't go with the TB because of all the postings of the random reboots when I was researching phones (and I still got it anyhow with the Revolution LOL). When I researched the Revolution, there was no mention of reboots so I thought there were none. Then I didn't go with the Charge because my wife has that one and I don't really like the feel of it nor the shape of it...then the problem of it taking so long to charge. She of course loves it...except for the length of time it takes to charge which is not too bad for her because she is usually hooked up in the car when out and about.

Even if it ends up that would trade in the phone if the help from the LG rep fails to materialize...I like the Revolution enough to get a replacement as I was offered by the Verizon employees today....though I choose to seek the LG rep help first. If and when I do hear something back, I'll update here. Sorry for rambling on.

djembeman

Reaction score
2.2.2 update caused random reboots.

I didn't have random reboot problems until I installed the 2.2.2 Froyo update. Verizon told me to do a factory data reset, but the problem has not gotten any better and possibly worse. I really hope we get a software update soon. This thing is pissing me off!!!!

savageseas

Reaction score
I've been experiencing reboots as well. Got the phone august 17th. In the last month they have increased, I've noticed most of them are when using google maps and navigation. Ill pick the destination, the screen will go dark except for the status bar then reboot. Noticed it occasionally during sending texts too. ;(

Overall I'm not very happy with this phone.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums