Droid 2 randomly rebooting on unlock

wildbill86

Reaction score
my phones been doing this too, reboots on an unlock randomly.. ive moved a bunch of applications to "Auto End list" thinking maybe the RAM was maxed out???..

I havent modified the phone at all.. no root, nothing..

any idea?

I had the same problem with mine. I heard that putting apps on auto end list is bad for it, as well as in pocket detection. After I ran an sbf preparing to send back to vzw, I had no more unlock slider reboots. That was 2 months ago. I now love this phone, just hope GB fixes the sync issues. Try a factory data reset if you havn't already.

Sent from my rooted D2G

wildbill86

Reaction score
Stock base file. There is a sticky posted in the D2G forums on how to do it. It simply returns your phone to a stock out of the box condition. It is used to remove any trace of a phone having been rooted mostly from what I have read, or to unbrick a phone stuck in boot loop. Just make sure you have the correct drivers and program, and file for your device. It is potentially risky, so if you want to attempt, be sure to read a lot first.

Sent from my rooted D2G

roynsann

Reaction score
BATTERY and SHUTTING DOWN

I have replaced my battery since my original purchase Sept 2010. The second battery would get hot and wouldn't stay charge. Took the phone to Verizon. They told me the phone had a problem so they gave me another (I have insurance). Now this phone, when not hooked to AC shuts off at random, locked or unlocked, if I am using or not. It just reboots. BACK to verizon

MindWanderer

Reaction score
I have this issue, too. No root. I think I went for about a month before this started happening, so I suspect it's a particular app that's staying in memory, but I can't guess what. I tried with and without ATK. Installed Watchdog, found nothing, uninstalled. The only app I've had since this started that stays in memory regardless of whether you run it and that isn't stock is Springpad, which I love and would rather not give up (though I will if it's the culprit).

Also, the freeze/reboot isn't always on unlock. At least once I've taken it out and found it in the middle of a reboot. Once it did this on an incoming phone call, and it wouldn't stop vibrating even after missing the call. It often does it while I'm listening to music. It's to the point where I almost regret getting a smartphone at all--if I can't place and receive calls reliably, it fails as a phone.

spynoodle

Reaction score
This same thing is happening to me. At first I thought that ATK was causing my problem, but I continued to have daily reboots even after I uninstalled it. Any possibility that it's a browser problem? I find that it happens a lot to me when I turn it on and off accidentally while using the default android browser. I don't quite like Opera or Firefox, so part of me hopes that it's something else. :(

NeXtras

Reaction score
I've since removed all apps from the "Auto-End list" and it hasnt rebooted on me at all.. have 90hrs uptime at the moment

gthotie5

Reaction score
Same thing has been happening to me recently lol
Thought it was because I froze a couple apps.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

MindWanderer

Reaction score
This same thing is happening to me. At first I thought that ATK was causing my problem, but I continued to have daily reboots even after I uninstalled it. Any possibility that it's a browser problem? I find that it happens a lot to me when I turn it on and off accidentally while using the default android browser. I don't quite like Opera or Firefox, so part of me hopes that it's something else. :(
Not in my case, anyway. I switched to Dolphin Mini (which I absolutely adore, BTW, and I've tried almost all the competition), no change.

I'm currently at 53 hours uptime, a personal record since the first couple of months I had the phone. My only change during that time was to add com.motorola.blur.home.newsstatus to my Watchdog blacklist. I'm hoping that was it.

spynoodle

Reaction score
Not in my case, anyway. I switched to Dolphin Mini (which I absolutely adore, BTW, and I've tried almost all the competition), no change.

I'm currently at 53 hours uptime, a personal record since the first couple of months I had the phone. My only change during that time was to add com.motorola.blur.home.newsstatus to my Watchdog blacklist. I'm hoping that was it.
I'll have to try that. I've also made another observation, though: It seems to happen when I'm running a CPU-intensive app and I try to put the phone into standby. It happens a lot when the app freezes.

Edit: I just found that the blacklist feature is only available in the full version of watchdog. Dang.

Last edited:

spynoodle

Reaction score
I just rooted my Droid and changed the file extensions of all my unwanted startup programs, and I'm hoping it helps. That stupid News Feed is gone from my running services now.

spynoodle

Reaction score
Well, it just rebooted again.... CRAP!!!! Well, back to the drawing board...