Random Reboots

droid doctor

Reaction score
Anybody having random reboots with squidly. I was flashed with 2.30.20.2 for about 2 weeks i was loving it and 2 days ago all these random reboots started happening. Every once in awhile when I got a text it would not turn on and then reboot. Does anybody have a list of apps that cause problems to the android system like task killer and anti virus. I installed go sms pro 2 days ago and it started happening and i also installed setcpu and put a profile so when the screen is off its at 300 MHz max and min 2 days ago do you guys think that's the problem? Any help would be appreciated .

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
First thing I would do is uninstall gosms if that started your problem and go from there.

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
I actually didn't uninstall it. I stopped using the pop up windows and took of the profile of 300 MHz. And it made a real difference haven't had a random reboot since then but great rom its the fastest and the most stable keep it up. :)

azaraith

Reaction score
Getting random reboots with my DX. Running the rooted version of GB build 588. Is this a common problem?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Nope. The apps Bump and Tikl are known to cause problems. If you don't have either of those installed, a factory reset should fix it.

MrGreeves

Reaction score
From what I've seen, random reboots are normal on the droid X. I am on my second one. Both were stock and would randomly reboot. My friend who also has the droid x running stock has the same problem.

Snow02

Reaction score
It's common on froyo, yes. It practically never happens on gingerbread.

platinum8317

Reaction score
I switched from the OG droid running MIUI to the REVO and Love it. Great phone compared. Better in all ways for me so far. Well except for the long charge time but that's really not been an issue for me.

Just recently I've noticed that the revo decided to reboot right in the middle of me transfering files. It's happened 2 times that I noticed so far over the span of 3 days. Could have happened more just didn't notice. Not a big deal just thought i would point it out for people to look for.

I'm waiting for my 14 day return period to end before i decide to root it and see if that may fix some of the known issues. Thanks.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Weird, I also came from a Droid 1. The battery is bigger, so a longer charge time is warranted.

I haven't had any reboots, so maybe it was just a fluke. I guess I've only had mine for 2 days, but I've already transferred over 2 gig's of music and whatnot to it, with no problems.

platinum8317

Reaction score
Maybe there was more to it when the phone rebooted. It happend when i transfered around 600mbs of mp3 but not when i did th 10gigs last night. Either way still a good phone. Just can't wait till LG releases the Kernel source

Ajmazin

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if the random reboots are a liberty thing (I'm on liberty gingerbread .8) or just a motorola defect? I am clocked at factory settings and the reboots normally happen when I am listening to or changing the music playing. Could it be the SD increase is causing the reboots? Is there any fix to this?

3turner

Reaction score
Coming from the original Droid which black screened on me the very day I was eligible for a device upgrade......I got the LG Revolution on Friday and have had 4 or 5 reboots since bringing the phone home from Verizon. So I came to the forums to search out anyone else having the problem and this is the only thread I found. However, I was not transferring any files when my reboots occurred. Mine happened in varying situations, once while playing Wordfued (on charger at home); once I heard a notification come through, I picked up the phone to look and the phone was rebooting (this time it was on charger in the car); the other few times was not on the charger when the reboot occurred and I just happened to see the LG splash screens. The instance of the reboot when in the car was before I even installed anything on the phone....it was factory fresh at the time.

After the second reboot, I had changed from LTE/CDMA service to just CDMA service thinking that perhaps it was being cause by going between 3G to 4G...but when it was 3G only service, it rebooted on me twice in one hour here at home. I've since put it back to LTE/CDMA and have not noticed any reboots.

I may be taking this phone back tomorrow or at the very minimum....calling and asking if anyone else has had any returns for the same problem. But part of me is wanting to wait it out and see if things improve.....at least until the Droid 3 is available in store so I can see it in person. I don't like to buy until I try it out in person first.

fx35s

Reaction score
Coming from the original Droid which black screened on me the very day I was eligible for a device upgrade......I got the LG Revolution on Friday and have had 4 or 5 reboots since bringing the phone home from Verizon. So I came to the forums to search out anyone else having the problem and this is the only thread I found. However, I was not transferring any files when my reboots occurred. Mine happened in varying situations, once while playing Wordfued (on charger at home); once I heard a notification come through, I picked up the phone to look and the phone was rebooting (this time it was on charger in the car); the other few times was not on the charger when the reboot occurred and I just happened to see the LG splash screens. The instance of the reboot when in the car was before I even installed anything on the phone....it was factory fresh at the time.

After the second reboot, I had changed from LTE/CDMA service to just CDMA service thinking that perhaps it was being cause by going between 3G to 4G...but when it was 3G only service, it rebooted on me twice in one hour here at home. I've since put it back to LTE/CDMA and have not noticed any reboots.

I may be taking this phone back tomorrow or at the very minimum....calling and asking if anyone else has had any returns for the same problem. But part of me is wanting to wait it out and see if things improve.....at least until the Droid 3 is available in store so I can see it in person. I don't like to buy until I try it out in person first.

Hello there, i got my LG Revolution from the Verizon Store few days ago.

I got the phone on July 5th, hearing that even the "now-customers" may

not be eligible for unlimited data plans, and at the time there wasn't any

official news so i just had to go with it before July 7th which was rumored

to be the date the Verizon should be starting the new tiered plan.

Anyways, i have noticed that my phone restarted at least two times so

far including today. I went to the option where i could select LTE/CDMA

or just CDMA and saw that if i were to change the setting from LTE/CDMA

to CDMA the phone will have to reboot to accomodate the change.

Plus considering that my house does not get the 4G at all and 3G barely

gets the signal, i highly think it may have something to do with the phone

continously trying to connect to 3G network and trying to be connected

to the network.

I really hate and do not want to take back and replace my phone because i can't be

assured that Verizon will give me a "new phone", and instead they will probably get me a

refurbished one because they usually don't give the new phone in a new box

from last i remember. (When the voyager first came out that is- btw

Voyager was such a good phone although it lacked flash at the back)

So my question is, should i look for a way to get my phone rooted to see

if i can solve the problem? or try and repalce the phone with something

else other than LG Revolution or just get a replacement LG Revolution.

I'm afraid that the "new" LG Revolution will behave exactly the same and

I already put my loveeee (hah, i said it) onto my phone so i really would

like to keep the phone and, i kinda want to believe that it's software issue not the hardware issue.

I started to think that the reboot issue has something to do with the phone itself trying to stay

connected to the network whether it be 3G or 4G. The reason why i came up with this is because

i don't really get the good signal in my house and 3G would often go out and the phone would display

no network connection available, and etc,.

Sombody help me with this..

p.s. - i don't really care about the phone restarting once in a while but if

this really IS the mechanical problem which will get worse and ultimately

will be needing an attention, i wanna grab a new phone instead..

The thing is that i'm a loyal LG fan since 1990s (LG's TV, known as

Goldstar since long ago is a great brand where Samsung TV's couldn't

even come close when it came down to tube TV. Don't get me wrong

because i admit that Samsung has so many patents and all that but

you know what? I still root for LG because of their excellent design

philosophy and build quality whether it be TV, laundry machine, or kimchi

refridge :p)

Sorry if i wrote p.s. too freakin long :)

Last edited: