Random Reboots

Viper323

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem with seemingly random reboots? I've had v0.7 w/ red theem running great since it came out but just tonight ive had it start randomly rebooting on me, twice within the past 2 hours or so...

Isaiah

Reaction score
does it happen when you're in the market/downloading/installing something from the market? im on blue .7 and thats happening with me

OP
V

Viper323

Reaction score
does it happen when you're in the market/downloading/installing something from the market? im on blue .7 and thats happening with me

Now that you mention it, yes one happened while updating an app through the market. The other was COMPLETELY random. My phone was just sitting on my desk, locked and all of a sudden I saw the Motorola logo come up and it rebooted.

Isaiah

Reaction score
Hmmm... idk, im sure Jrummy or somebody knows. . .

patryn150

Reaction score
Had this happening to me on red as well. My phone actually just shut off yesterday and never came back online. Disabled jit & renabled jit. So far so good today.

Wadzii

Reaction score
mine has started doing the random reboot here in the last few days.

It freezes for about 20 sec, then reboots.

I have not installed/uninstalled anything and i do not have jit enabled. There does not seem to be anything in common about the reboots.

This is getting slightly annoying

bronx finest

Reaction score
This has been happening to me these past couple days too, dunno what it is, I may have enabledjit, but I disabled it tonight so let's see if it continues.

I will update this.

Reaction score
This has happened to me before I rooted my phone once or twice. But I've been alright on JRummy so far not even as much as a freeze (okay, well maybe there is a slight delay once in a while) but I'm sure somebody on here has to know if its random or somehow linked to JRummy's rom.

eclsnowman

Reaction score
I would give a different kernel a whirl. Fix the same issue for me on Team Chaos. I think it was a voltage issue between the different kernels.

bronx finest

Reaction score
Update, did it another 3-4 times last night after disabling jit, so I ditched the ROM.

I'm on Pete's Bugless Beast, lets see how this one acts, so far so cool.

Buddah

Reaction score
started having the same problem yesterday. Has rebooted many times while just running an app. Usually freezes then just reboots, sometimes during the boot animation it freezes and reboots again. Running v0.7 w/ blue theme.

metasin

Reaction score
Update, did it another 3-4 times last night after disabling jit, so I ditched the ROM.

I'm on Pete's Bugless Beast, lets see how this one acts, so far so cool.

I just started getting random reboots on BB as well. It has happened to me on several ROMs as well as stock. Was fine for a week or so and then noticed it happening. I did notice that each time it happened I was connected to WIFI and then a few minutes after the phone goes to sleep it would reboot but I cannot duplicate it with any regularity.