What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hacku

Reaction score
For starters I'm running JRummy's Remix v0.7-CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2 on my Droid and have never had any problems with it until this morning.

I woke up and noticed my alarm never went off. I pull the phone from the media dock to see what's going on when I notice all of the warnings of a bunch of apps force closing.

After clearing all the warnings the phone wants me to go through the initial setup again. I'm talking about the one you do when you first get the phone where it asks for your Gmail account info and stuff. I skipped everything, I still had all my programs and everything else, except everything had defaulted back as if I had just wiped my phone or something.

I try to open ROM Manager and it just force closes automatically. Rebooted the phone several times and did a couple of battery pulls and still having the same issue. So I reboot into recovery mode and restore my latest Nandroid backup which was just before installing JRummy's Remix.

I download and install JRummy's Remix again and I'm setting my phone back to the way I had it before, and so far it has randomly rebooted twice already.

Is anyone else experiencing any of these problems?

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Please don't make a whole new thread about an issue. If you post this in my latest rom thread I think you have more of a chance of people trying to help with your issue. DroidForums also has great support in hacking help and resque squad.

As to the problem I have no idea what went wrong. I run my own roms and everything is smooth for me so it's hard to diagnose and treat problems I don't have especially when there can be numerous possibilities as to why you are experiencing issues. Some things I would suggest not doing is having jit enabled and being oc to high.

Thanks. I hope everything runs smooth for you and your issues get resolved. :)

jtydroid

Reaction score
I'm going to mostly leave this alone, as the jrummy's thread will be much more helpful, but something like this smacks of hardware over software.

Previously working nandroid backups shouldn't stop working unless something else has changed.

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Well I'm re-installing it but doing a wipe cache this time to start off fresh and see how that works out.

This can be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.