Froyo: Random Reboots

hacku

Reaction score
So I know I can't possibly be the only person getting random reboots when trying to use Froyo. I can honestly say that I've tried every single Froyo ROM, using the stock kernel that comes with the ROM's and with a number of different overclocked kernels.

My phone runs perfectly stable on any of the 2.1 ROMS using any kernel up to 1.2Ghz and have zero problems.

I have even tried the latest Bugless Beast Froyo ROM and even jRummy's Kangerade ROM, but I still get random reboots with those ROM's.

So does anyone have an answer as to what it is that causes the random reboots? Like I said, I know not everybody has this problem, but there has to be a reason as to why this happens.

Any help or hints will be appreciated.

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
Hmmm... not sure why this was moved here since I wasn't asking about this specific ROM.

I was asking about all Froyo ROM's in general since I have problems with all of them.

huggybear

Reaction score
Hmmm... not sure why this was moved here since I wasn't asking about this specific ROM.

I was asking about all Froyo ROM's in general since I have problems with all of them.

I had the same issues regarding Froyo, using multiple ROM's and kernels. Two things that worked for me, the first I have no idea why:

1. Reformatted and wiped all my music off my sd card. After I refomatted my card it worked great, until I put my music back on, then went back to crashing.

2. Switched my launcher to Pro Launcher Beta. Here I'm assuming there were issues with the launcher itself, not the kernels which I had originally suspected. Since then, I have used multiple kernels with success

I was struggling too seeing all these people enjoying Froyo and all my phone did was crash so I hope this helps you out.

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I might give the launcher thing a try, or just wait until the official Froyo is released. That is if I don't get my Droid X by then... :D

pearlythepirate

Reaction score
I had issues with P3Droid's kernels so I switched back to ChevyNo1's. I'm running his 1GHz Low Voltage kernel using Kangerade without problems.

OP
hacku

hacku

Reaction score
I just thought I should report that I've now been running the latest Bugless Beast ROM since the day it came out, and have had ZERO reboots or problems with it.