Question About The Droid Turbo Battery Life.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just look below.

b07ae2e10ec3d5af449b1968edde8119.jpg

3bf2b5fe9dd80ff43ad49a304f9c8ffe.jpg

Wow!!!

dan.dar

Reaction score
To be fair this is probably 10% Web browsing, Tapatalk etc. The other 90% was reading a book with white text on black background.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Truth be told.. The maxx has better standby time than the turbo.. But I'm sure it'll be fixed in an update...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Truth be told.. The maxx has better standby time than the turbo.. But I'm sure it'll be fixed in an update...
Extremely true. Light useage days I'd go to bed and be 80% battery. I'm there now and I'm on 2 hours with 20 minutes screen time.
I'm stock after the FS. I was pretty stock before just odd stuff on the battery status page
Yesterday was command center today its com.android.chrome:sand and its there twice as battery users.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Its that damn command center widget that is doing it. Have had pretty good battery today. Light useage but hovering at 88% battery.
Saw my city wasn't showing. Went in made sure it was on. Not 20 seconds later battery dropped to 80%. Eight point drop in 20 seconds turning on the location in command center which obviously is a stock widget.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think that the battery meter is messed up too.. I've charged my phone to 100% on a slow charge, rebooted and it showed 85%...i know of at least one other person who's experienced this as well...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think that the battery meter is messed up too.. I've charged my phone to 100% on a slow charge, rebooted and it showed 85%...i know of at least one other person who's experienced this as well...
Question is how soon after it reached 100% did you disconnect?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Last night in my charge I shut the phone off and left it on the charger. I unplugged it this morning and then turned the phone on and it was at 98%.
I guess charge bleeds off even though the phone is off?
The 8 point drop by interecting with the command center widget on the heels of it being at the top of the list of battery useage yesterday draining the battery to 8% in 12 hours is concerning.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Last night in my charge I shut the phone off and left it on the charger. I unplugged it this morning and then turned the phone on and it was at 98%.
I guess charge bleeds off even though the phone is off?
The 8 point drop by interecting with the command center widget on the heels of it being at the top of the list of battery useage yesterday draining the battery to 8% in 12 hours is concerning.

I notice the second I pull it off charge it is 99%. The only time I see 100%is when it is still connected. I remember the same thing with my Razr Maxx and a few other Moto phones. I think it is just they are more accurate at reading battery level.

As far as the command center guess this is the reason I never run widgets. They typically drain battery. HD Widgets and Beautiful Widgets are the same. Shame because I really like the command center.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well call me stubborn BUT I think a stock widget like CC should "work" without a problem. "IF" I had downloaded a bunch of stuff IMO I'd have less room to complain other than the whole point of a Droid over an iPhone is - customization.