Question About The Droid Turbo Battery Life.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Well call me stubborn BUT I think a stock widget like CC should "work" without a problem. "IF" I had downloaded a bunch of stuff IMO I'd have less room to complain other than the whole point of a Droid over an iPhone is - customization.
Hey I am with ya. Just the way it is with some widgets.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

TatDroid

Reaction score
Serious doubt's I will make the day on this charge its 7:30 and I'm at 30%. Listing the command center 2nd to the screen. What the heck. This will be closely watched.
I've been running the stock clock/battery/weather widget since release day. I have never seen "Command Center" show up in the list of battery usage that I can remember. At any level at all. (it's running stock, with "current location" on).

Sent from my Droid Turbo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Last night in my charge I shut the phone off and left it on the charger. I unplugged it this morning and then turned the phone on and it was at 98%.
I guess charge bleeds off even though the phone is off?
The 8 point drop by interecting with the command center widget on the heels of it being at the top of the list of battery useage yesterday draining the battery to 8% in 12 hours is concerning.

Not really an issue. When the charger hits what it believes is 100% of battery capacity it's based on voltage readings and the rate of current draw at the end. When the voltage stabilizes and the current draw reaches <3% of the rated capacity (about 117mAh), that signals the end of the charging (the second vertical dotted line). This signals the battery has reached it's "full" mark. The charger will then shut down.

Once the battery is on its own, as with all batteries that are rechargeable the voltage will begin to "sag" a little bit as the current settles in (see the section labeled "Stage 3" to the right of the 2nd vertical dotted line below and you'll see the voltage - the top horizontal line, sagging). This can "appear" on battery metering systems as though the battery has lost a part of its charge. Since the only way to measure a battery's static charge level is by looking at the voltage, it can appear to be discharged slightly. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The same amount of current is still stored in the battery and it's just the voltage that has trailed off a tiny bit as the chemistry settles in, which fools the meter into giving you a slightly lower reading.

The only true way to know if a battery is fully charged is to monitor it during the charging cycle as indicated below. Don't be the least bit concerned about it.

ion1.jpg

I charged mine with power off last night and this morning it was at 99%. Same scenario. Not the least bit concerned.

Last edited: