Question About The Droid Turbo Battery Life.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
How is your Battery life? My Brother said he got better battery life from his Droid Max!!! He says that the battery sucks. I looked at other reviews and their have been some complaints about the battery life. People are hoping for an update to fix the battery life. What do you have to say?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
It is on par, so far, with my Ultra. Which was a liitle bit better than my MAXX. Same user, same bad habits, real review. Honestly, unless you're a "light" user 2 days is unlikely. Beating it to death, 12 hours, gaming nonstop, full brightness, GPS on etc. And there is several threads here that you can read about new owners opining battery life.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I've never had a Maxx, but I'm very pleased with the battery life. I was certainly not expecting two full days - that's just marketing. What I did want was a guarantee of all day life no matter how hard I used it, and the Turbo has delivered. I haven't been able to drain it in a single day yet, and I've had over 7 hours of screen-on time on occasion. I don't anticipate that there will be too many days that I'm looking at my phone for more than 7 hours in a day. I do have a job, after all. And a life.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's well above average, but not anything close to groundbreaking. I've only gotten slightly better battery life than I do my Note 4. That's been a bit of a disappointment. That said, it's definitely a cut above nearly all current and recent flagship devices though.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Personally loving the battery life. Today was day one of a full charge. I am at 45% right now and have 3 hours of talk time and 2 hours of screen time. Plus various other stuff. Web surfing, clash of clans, navigation, etc.. My S3 would have been dead by noon

TatDroid

Reaction score
And it's driving a fairly large, extremely high definition screen, with one of the fastest processors available.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think battery life is above normal . i would not say i can get 2 days out of it .. but i can unplug in morning and plug in at night with battery to spare .. that is all i need .. don't believe i will be getting lost in the woods / if electricity goes out we have a generator or car chargers . if i go on vacation or trip i will bring charger with me . get a solid 6 hours on screen time before i get worried .. only problem i could see is if you watch movies on airplane ..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think once we see lollipop, our battery life will improve greatly.. Also a few other tweaks with the update... But it isn't exactly a slouch when it comes to current battery life..

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All I know is, I can rock the phone hard and make it through one day. Its pretty much all I have ever asked for. Gove me a phone that can make it thru the day and I dont have to worry about not using appA or App B to not drain battery. With this phone, I can do whatever I want and I will make it home before it dies.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's been everyone's concern over the years in regards to battery life. Simply give me a device that lasts all day without having to worry about charging it and I'll be happy. Manufacturers have finally started to deliver, and that's a plus in my book. I don't think anyone truly believed the whole 48 hour promise, but that being said, most users are happy with what they have been getting, and that's whats important.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
agreed. I dont give a shiz about 2 days.. I just wanted 1, no matter how hard I ran it, I just wanted a full day. Now I have it

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good input guys. That's all I care for, is to not have to worry about plugging in until I'm good and ready, and it sounds like the turbo definitely delivers.

on the move..

zatchmo

Reaction score
I realize I'm a light user and certainly don't need this phone, but I do get an honest 2 days with battery to spare. I don't use my phone much during the week though. On the weekends with heavy usage, I second the above. I do whatever I want and don't worry about needing a charger before dinner.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
All I can say is if I can make it through a full day without babying it I am happy. And so far I can. Yesterday I had 10h off charge with 3.5 hours of SOT and had 45% battery life. No switching data off. No airplane mode. No turning stuff off to milk it until I can get to a charger. I not in a situation where I can be tethered to a charger.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Echoing many sentiments expressed here, I too just want(ed) a phone that gave me what I seek in most things - hassle free peace of mind. Your cell phone should not cause you to need a pacemaker (imagine worrying about that battery).
I am again on a day #2 with my Droid Turbo (sitting at 64% at 0945) On since yesterday morning at 0600. I am using the hell out of it and it just cooks right along. Makes calls, surfs Forums, texting.... loving the new minimalistic case and glass screen protector.
Life is good.