Prior D1 owners - would you buy the TB again?

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
This is almost exactly what I was going to post, buyers remorse included. I haven't regretted it since. The 4G I get at work has hit 40mbps a few times. How can you not lock that in for two years?

Would you feel the same if 4g wasn't available in your area for 8 months?

Of course not. I was planning on waiting for the Bionic, but with my luck VZW will have tiered data plans and who knows what other additional charges by then. The fact that I have a large 4G area and they're locking in unlimited 4G data on my contract overcame my desire for the more beefy hardware of the Bionic. If I was on 3G the Tbolt would still blow away my droid but the battery may become an issue. Then again I hear on 3G the battery time is fine....

That's exactly my fears as well...tiered pricing.

The Audio bug in video recording, and horrible battery life are just enough to make me pause...I just don't know how long I can hold out...

JVince

Reaction score
Personally I haven't had too much trouble with the battery. The first two work days I had the phone I got about 10-11hrs and I was playing with it quite a bit. The last two days I've used it like I was using my D1 and I'm getting 12hrs between charges. I'll gladly trade CPU speed and 4G for that battery life. Plus I've heard after a weeks worth of full cycles the battery gets better, as well as higher capacity batteries of the same size being released in the future, AND possible software patches to address battery life.

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
I made the switch and couldn't be happier. I don't live in 4g and have had 0 battery problems, even though I'm constantly doing something on it. Easily 10 hours under any usage thus far. The custom roms are starting to come too. Tons of great kernels to make it even more blistering fast and get better battery life. Pulldown power widgets just happened... Things are only looking up for the t bolt. One of the last phones we might see with the ability to be customized this much. It's like the OG Droid on steroids. Get it, root it, love it.

Sent from a smoke filled room