Preparing for The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0

Lars1

Reaction score
Help with preparing for The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0

As my title says, I am eagerly awaiting and getting prepared for this release!

I have been on-board with UD since 3.0. I have not wiped since then, I just keep upgrading to the new version (I know, I know).

It is well past time to wipe and start fresh but I need some advice.

I have been (heavily) using the "install to external memory option" and have the vast majority of my apps on my SD card.

What is the best way to back-up and restore? I have Titanium back-up (premium). But I'm not sure how (or if) I should be utilizing it. I know there is an option to have it put the apps back on the SD but I have never been able to make that work.

Also, how do you guys manage to back-up and restore without having to re-enter all of your log-ins, passwords, bluetooth pairings, etc.?

This is the biggest problem I have with flashing ROM's, the length of time it takes to rebuild my phone.

Thanks so much for this forum and all of your help!

D

dazedabyss

check out some new screens of the new Rom UD 1.0.0 and a whole lot of great themes. R3Ds
And check out the new site. Ultimate Droid more screen shots there also.dancedroid

OSX2000

Reaction score
I haven't wiped since UD New Era 1.4.5. :icon_eek:

Yep...it's been since Eclair. And she still runs beautifully.

Navalynt

Reaction score
I've used MyBackup Pro in the past and it seems to work ok but for some reason a handful of the protected market apps need to be uninstalled/reinstalled after restoring the backup.

The_Chief

Reaction score
I use the paid TiBU to batch backup apps + app data and MyBackupPro to backup SMS/MMS/call log, etc. Launcher Pro can back up your homescreen setup (minus the widgets). You WILL have to log into things again after wiping... that's the nature of the beast. But trust me, it's worth it! I was up and running again within minutes, restoring and stabilizing everything.

Robbie72

Reaction score
Titanium Backup always works well for me. My apps are restored very fast and I can get on with my business.

D

dazedabyss

Do your batch backup with titanium backup (backup all user apps and all system data), then when you flash the new Rom
dl titanium backup then bring up the batch operation again (restore missing apps and all user data) deselect all then pick and choose what your going to restore. then you wont have to re enter all you information. by trial and error I figured this out!:icon_ banana:

donerico

Reaction score
Do your batch backup with titanium backup (backup all user apps and all system data), then when you flash the new Rom
dl titanium backup then bring up the batch operation again (restore missing apps and all user data) deselect all then pick and choose what your going to restore. then you wont have to re enter all you information. by trial and error I figured this out!:icon_ banana:

Is there anything wrong with letting the market restore all applications and then just restore data from Titanium?

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
Is there anything wrong with letting the market restore all applications and then just restore data from Titanium?

The problem I run into is the market puts all of the apps on my phone, not on the SD and I run out of space before it is half finished!

Just a thought, after I install the new ROM maybe I could do the "tap four corners" trick, go to the UD settings, enable "External" install and then let the market do its thing.

Has anyone tried this? Would it work?

hookerdj

Reaction score
how many apps do you have i have about 65 and they are all on my phones memory

The problem I run into is the market puts all of the apps on my phone, not on the SD and I run out of space before it is half finished!

Just a thought, after I install the new ROM maybe I could do the "tap four corners" trick, go to the UD settings, enable "External" install and then let the market do its thing.

Has anyone tried this? Would it work?

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
I have about 140 apps. All but 65 or so are on my SD (widgets and apps that don't want to live on the SD).

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have about 140 apps. All but 65 or so are on my SD (widgets and apps that don't want to live on the SD).

You could use TB and just stop the market from restoring by clearing data on it. Tb restores to where it was previously located.

Sent from my Droid