UD 1.0.0 without losing my info question

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't know why but it even restored my widgets. Hell my custom lockscreen that didn't work in UD8 even works now.

I am going to have to edit the lockscrren and remove the Verizon Wireless though. Its right over top of my music controls.

Trofn8er

Reaction score
us sp recovery and go to backup/restore then advanced nandroid backup and make sure you only have a * next to data and then make your backup

I've switched roms at least 20 times since 2.2 came out (i try them all so i know what ppl are complaining about) and this hasn't failed me yet.

Make a complete backup of your current setup as usual before flashing any rom.
Make an advanced nandroid backup of DATA ONLY. Name it data only.
Wipe data and clean cache 3 times (yes i know some ppl say this isn't necessary but i beg to differ)
Flash your new rom.
Restore your data only backup.
Reboot

This will save ALL your apps, game data, text messages, call logs, settings, etc.

EDIT: Regarding restoring the data only from an old backup, I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't always work out good. It only takes a minute to do a data only backup then you'll have all your current sms/gtalk/new contacts and settings.

Can you tell me how you backup data only and restore data only....I tried but I only could see data & cache.

Thanks

Thank you I figured it was something easy...I looked all over CM and couldn't find a data only....I'll flash SP recovery and give it a whirl....

Thanks Again.

luigi90210

Reaction score
i didnt wipe data and my UD 1.0.0 has no bugs(well besides the ones reported lol)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm..thats interesting. I would think that backing up only data and then using that to restore after flashing a new rom would be exactly the same thing as restoring data only from a previous backup. I went from SS4.8 to UD1.0.0, cleared data and cache 3 times, then restored data only from my SS4.8 backup that i had JUST made, and when i rebooted, it was kinda screwy. So i just wiped everything, did a fresh install of UD1.0.0 and let the market redownload everything and then used Titanium to finish the rest. Took a while, but i got everything up and running.

I know you would THINK using the data from a backup would work but it does NOT. I've tried it and it screwed everything up and so have a few other ppl. The only way is the way I said.

drpaul07

Reaction score
Hmmm..thats interesting. I would think that backing up only data and then using that to restore after flashing a new rom would be exactly the same thing as restoring data only from a previous backup. I went from SS4.8 to UD1.0.0, cleared data and cache 3 times, then restored data only from my SS4.8 backup that i had JUST made, and when i rebooted, it was kinda screwy. So i just wiped everything, did a fresh install of UD1.0.0 and let the market redownload everything and then used Titanium to finish the rest. Took a while, but i got everything up and running.

I know you would THINK using the data from a backup would work but it does NOT. I've tried it and it screwed everything up and so have a few other ppl. The only way is the way I said.

Cool I'll have to make sure I try your method then the next time i flash a new rom. Thanks!