OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What data specifically? Game data?

Game data, text messages, call logs, my handcent setup, music playlists, bluetooth pairings, wifi accounts (home, work, BW3's, roosters, etc..) launcherPro shortcuts and settings.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LauncherPro settings can be backed up from the Preferences menu, text messages should be able to be backed up with TB...not sure about the others.

alonsou

Reaction score
I'm sure that you can backup all your sms,mms,call log,WiFi connections, music playlist, handcent layout, and Launcher Pro set up using "mybackup Pro" just like I did, however I can't say about game data and bluetooth pairings.

neilrl79

Reaction score
I didn't wipe data/cache coming from UD8 and everything works great. No issues at all. Make a nandroid back-up and give it a try, worse case scenario you have to do a restore which is no biggie.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I didn't wipe data/cache coming from UD8 and everything works great. No issues at all. Make a nandroid back-up and give it a try, worse case scenario you have to do a restore which is no biggie.

Same here, I didn't wipe data/cache either, and the only thing is I had to remove my screen widgets, and reapply them.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Make a nandroid back-up and give it a try, worse case scenario you have to do a restore which is no biggie.

You have a point there.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've switched roms at least 20 times since 2.2 came out (i try them all so i know what ppl are complaining about) and this hasn't failed me yet.

Make a complete backup of your current setup as usual before flashing any rom.
Make an advanced nandroid backup of DATA ONLY. Name it data only.
Wipe data and clean cache 3 times (yes i know some ppl say this isn't necessary but i beg to differ)
Flash your new rom.
Restore your data only backup.
Reboot

This will save ALL your apps, game data, text messages, call logs, settings, etc.

EDIT: Regarding restoring the data only from an old backup, I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't always work out good. It only takes a minute to do a data only backup then you'll have all your current sms/gtalk/new contacts and settings.

Last edited:
OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here goes nothing.

donerico

Reaction score
I've switched roms at least 20 times since 2.2 came out (i try them all so i know what ppl are complaining about) and this hasn't failed me yet.

Wipe data and clean cache 3 times (yes i know some ppl say this isn't necessary but i beg to differ)
Flash your new rom.
Reboot

This will save ALL your apps, game data, text messages, call logs, settings, etc.

EDIT: Regarding restoring the data only from an old backup, I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't always work out good. It only takes a minute to do a data only backup then you'll have all your current sms/gtalk/new contacts and settings.

I do exactly this and has allays worked great for me. Even my widgets are preserved. Much simpler than TB or any other method and you always have your full back to fall back on if something goes wrong.

hookerdj

Reaction score
i will agree yes this dows work and when i told someone to do this i did give you credit cakes since this is open source so dont go thread jacking me lololol:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Flash your new rom.
Reboot

Trofn8er

Reaction score

Flash your new rom.
Reboot

Can you tell me how you backup data only and restore data only....I tried but I only could see data & cache.

Thanks

drpaul07

Reaction score

Flash your new rom.
Reboot

Hmmm..thats interesting. I would think that backing up only data and then using that to restore after flashing a new rom would be exactly the same thing as restoring data only from a previous backup. I went from SS4.8 to UD1.0.0, cleared data and cache 3 times, then restored data only from my SS4.8 backup that i had JUST made, and when i rebooted, it was kinda screwy. So i just wiped everything, did a fresh install of UD1.0.0 and let the market redownload everything and then used Titanium to finish the rest. Took a while, but i got everything up and running.

hookerdj

Reaction score
us sp recovery and go to backup/restore then advanced nandroid backup and make sure you only have a * next to data and then make your backup

Flash your new rom.
Reboot

Can you tell me how you backup data only and restore data only....I tried but I only could see data & cache.

Thanks

hookerdj

Reaction score
whatever works for you as long as you have it up n running

Flash your new rom.
Reboot

Hmmm..thats interesting. I would think that backing up only data and then using that to restore after flashing a new rom would be exactly the same thing as restoring data only from a previous backup. I went from SS4.8 to UD1.0.0, cleared data and cache 3 times, then restored data only from my SS4.8 backup that i had JUST made, and when i rebooted, it was kinda screwy. So i just wiped everything, did a fresh install of UD1.0.0 and let the market redownload everything and then used Titanium to finish the rest. Took a while, but i got everything up and running.

Lars1

Reaction score
us sp recovery and go to backup/restore then advanced nandroid backup and make sure you only have a * next to data and then make your backup

So to confirm, you cannot do this with CWR correct?