[ROM] {PORT}Eclipse ics 1.1 for droid 4

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So just to clarify, if installing for the first time, use the Eclipse 1.1.1 zip. If coming from 1.1, just flash the 1.1.1 patch. Is that correct?
100% correct its so you dont have to wipe anything and get the update... if your a new user just dl 1.1.1... the one on the top and your good to go...

bofis

Reaction score
Will you be porting v1.2 now that 1.1.1 is seemingly working on the Droid4? It just sounded like 1.2 removed further blur stuff so might improve battery life and performance

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Will you be porting v1.2 now that 1.1.1 is seemingly working on the Droid4? It just sounded like 1.2 removed further blur stuff so might improve battery life and performance
its not the same base as 1.1 or 1.2 for the razr... it is similar but it has diffrent guts.... the droid 4 one is based off of 6.16.217 leak... razr is based off of 211... i did include smart actions so that may help you out... and if you want install titanium backup and delete some stuff

bofis

Reaction score
I was mostly asking because I find that on the GB Eclipse Port (which I love) I do notice that "Android OS" is always my top battery hog under Battery Usage, every day, no matter what. I can only really imagine that is because of some blur junk that's left over, or even not functioning properly and just hope that a new rom might help me. Can you post some battery usage graphs after using this rom for a day? Or anyone really once they're up and running.

kwyrt

Reaction score
So I was on 1.1 and flashed the 1.1.1 zip and the build in About Phone still says 1.1. Does that mean it didn't take or is the build info just not updated?

Sent from my Droid 4

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The odd thing is it restored all my old data and apps from May, and I still have the problem with keyboard misspellings and suggestions not being there as I did with GB Eclipse. Should I wipe data/cache/davlik?

Overall though it is very fast!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
dont restore data from gb eclipse
I didn't restore anything (I never do), even text messages from May showed up. Anyway, I cleared cache and did factory reset. I noticed that Sype and Motorola's Keyboard input methods where uncheckable. I'm back to 217 now but after getting a taste of the Eclipse speediness I want it back but I need the spellcheck and suggestions.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
yeah just install busybox and safestrap 2.0 ... when in safestrap toggle to safe sys. then do factory reset. finally install 1.1.1 and reboot. wait like 5 mins and enjoy

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Where is the old data stored so I can delete it, it seems to automatically restore it without asking.

And this rom is blazing fast!