Please Help

SigmundDroid

Reaction score
Ok so heres the situation. I rooted last night, DL LFY and LFY1100 kernel. I installed the kernel and then LFY itself. After trying to reboot it only gets to the custom boot screen and will not launch.

After 15 minutes I pulled the battery and tried to launch in recovery mode to load my backup. Upon trying to do that it says cannot mount to SD card. I try again and same thing. After failing to mount it goes into the same custom launch screen for LFY but no OS comes up.

Also when I go into recovery if i wait too long to select and option it automatically kicks back into the endless launch mode.

Did I brick my phone? PLEASE HELP!

OP
S

SigmundDroid

Reaction score
just tried to wipe data but in the middle of the data wipe it went into the boot process...not having a good feeling about this

OP
S

SigmundDroid

Reaction score
yes i have a nandroid backup but it is giving me the error message unable to mount SD card.

finally got though the data/cache wipe and it gave me the error
noapp2SD partition found...am i screwed?

Shibbey

Reaction score
Rest assured, you aren't bricked. I can give you what I would do, but I am sure those with more experience have a better method.

Personally, I am a start from scratch person rather than a band aide person, so...
I would flash the ESD56 followed by SPRecovery. Then apply the FRG01 update, then the FRG22 update.
Then apply your custom ROM, FOLLOWED by the kernel.

But that is just me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

SigmundDroid

Reaction score
my only issue is i cant reflash anything as it is constantly connecting and disconnecting from my computer while i am trying to add to the sd card...

Shibbey

Reaction score
Will it stay connected in the bootloader (not recovery screen)?
Access by pressing up on D-pad and pwer button for about 5 sedonds while phone is powered down.

OP
S

SigmundDroid

Reaction score
thank god!!!!! success!!!! thank you guys for all your help. Now to prevent me from bu__ fu___ing this up again could you guys give me the correct sequence to go through, properly install UDx8, a kernel capable of overclocking to 8-1.0, and keeping all contacts and apps?

That would be of great great help.

Shibbey

Reaction score
Always apply the custom ROM before the kernel.

Shibbey

Reaction score
Oh and always let the phone completely reboot before applying the next update.zip

OP
S

SigmundDroid

Reaction score
so shibby....where can i find a list of kernels that will work with UDx8? and how would i be able to carry over all my apps to the new UD ROM is i have to wipe cache and factory data?

Shibbey

Reaction score
Wiping cache and factory data is recommended. Try using Titanium Backup, MyBackup, or even ASTRO to back them up. I personally use AppBrain, so I can quickly and easily reinstall all my apps from their web interface.

I tried UD8 for a hot minute, and although it has a lot of features and looks great, I felt they went overboard. I wanted something less decked out, so my experience with UD8 is limited at best.

As for kernels, I would start with the UD8 threads for recomendations. The ChevyMod1 and P3 kernels seem to be the most popular. Every phone acts differently so it is a lot of trial and error to find the one best suited for you.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
thought I was all good after successfully doing this (MC1 root any droid write up)then am experiencing a constant reboot. I also have an error message that reads
" Sorry!
Process system is not responding" then the option of force close or wait.

I think it may be the dead battery issue (which I am currently charging) that may be causing the contant reboot. Once I have a full battery, I hope the rebooting stops. If not, I will need your experties. So far I think I may be good cuz I did see the "SuperPermissions" Icon on the main screen. ..I placed a charged battery in the phone and now once it boots up, I get a partial notificationstating "Android system then device shuts down..HELP PLEASE:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::ico n_eek:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Boot into recovery (power off, power on while holding x).

You should have sprecovery.

connect your droid to you pc

Click mount options then mass usb storage.
now your sd card should open on your computer.

We are now going to install a clean rom. Choose what ever rom you feel comfortable with. Once you find a rom download it and put in on the root of your sdcard, that means it do not go into any folders.

After the rom is completely on ur sdcard right click to renam it update.zip (or just update for windows 7)

click disable mass storage

power to go back to main menu

wipe data

wipe cache

reboot.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html