Please Help

Oiden-Dray

Reaction score
I z4 rooted, no custom roms or anything, i unrooted and went to dl the update and it failed during the installation both times i tried it.

do i have to delete bootstrap? im still going into the "clock mode" everytime my phone starts. I'm so confused, i wish i never rooted.

please help.

leonozug

Reaction score
Unrooting from Z4root isn't going to help it. You will have to SBF and do a factory reset, or re-root and use the Maderstcok .340 zip to get back to bone stock, and then you'll be able to get the update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I z4 rooted, no custom roms or anything, i unrooted and went to dl the update and it failed during the installation both times i tried it.

do i have to delete bootstrap? im still going into the "clock mode" everytime my phone starts. I'm so confused, i wish i never rooted.

please help.

If you rooted and you are not running a custom ROM, then all you should have to do is just remove the root and go back to stock.

To the people telling the OP to sbf, that's only necessary if you don't have a version of the current OS that's in the phone. For example, someone roots and doesn't do a back up. If you can't flash back to the stock OS THEN you need to sbf.

Just remove the root with z4Root and you'll be fine.