I need HELP please...details in post

martin2195

Reaction score
I used easy root to root properly , then put on the Liquid Frozen Yogurt ROM , but then I installed Smoke LFY(Theme) after the ROM and now my phone is completely haywire. It boots (and has some of the SLFY UI stuff) but it basically isn't operational and there's a constant error message in garbled text saying that something or other has stopped responding.

I've done all the backing up, but when I boot into recovery, I can't see any of the ROM Manager options... how do I find my backup ROMs? (Also, I can fight through the error messages and access the ROM Manager app in a pretty limited way (for example, I can't flash a clockwork recovery because it says there's no internet connection.)

(Oh, also when I first get into ROM Manager it gives me a "recovery failure" dialog... so, if I can get recovery mode to work, then I can flip back to an old ROM)

and now i reset it and cleared everything using the recovery menu and now it just keeps looping at the droid eye start up it wont start nor update in recovery mode please help.

Last edited:

EbE404

Reaction score
I used easy root to root properly , then put on the Liquid Frozen Yogurt ROM , but then I installed Smoke LFY(Theme) after the ROM and now my phone is completely haywire. It boots (and has some of the SLFY UI stuff) but it basically isn't operational and there's a constant error message in garbled text saying that something or other has stopped responding.

I've done all the backing up, but when I boot into recovery, I can't see any of the ROM Manager options... how do I find my backup ROMs? (Also, I can fight through the error messages and access the ROM Manager app in a pretty limited way (for example, I can't flash a clockwork recovery because it says there's no internet connection.)

(Oh, also when I first get into ROM Manager it gives me a "recovery failure" dialog... so, if I can get recovery mode to work, then I can flip back to an old ROM)

and now i reset it and cleared everything using the recovery menu and now it just keeps looping at the droid eye start up it wont start nor update in recovery mode please help.

What phone do you have? Dx, D1, D2, DInc?

EbE404

Reaction score

What phone do you have? Dx, D1, D2, DInc?

Scratch that last -question, I just noticed your phone in your profile (still working on that first cup of coffee.

Well, it looks like you are going to have to go the "longer way" to get back to a stable system and get to your last backup. Here is a thread with instructions and links to the files and utilities that you will need:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/55541-unbrick-pretty-much-anything.html

The only thing that does not appear to be in that thread are the Motorola Drivers. Here is another resource with videos and links to those:

How to: Root Android 2.1 and Install Android 2.2 on Motorola DROID | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you say you've reset and cleared everything in the recovery menu are you saying you did a wipe of both data and cache? If you haven't try that and it will clear up everything.

I'm assuming you've done this but just double checking. Also I've moved you to the Rescue Squad for further assistance.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
before you rooted were you on 2.2 OTA?

If so link #3 in my sig.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
was LFY working before you applied the theme? if so, it sounds like you may have a corrupted dl of the theme. first, i would do a hard boot into recovery (hold "x" + power). then wipe data and cache (maybe a couple three times). then try to reflash the LFY rom (not the theme). if that works, then i would re-download the theme, put on sdcard, and try to install.

if reflashing the rom doesn't work, i would boot into recovery again and restore a nandroid backup (i'm assuming you made one after you rooted). then you can go about flashing your rom and themes again. just make sure to wipe...

OP
martin2195

martin2195

Reaction score
i checked all of suggestions out and i didnt go to far in the tutorials (i wanted to see what other people said about this) i think it would be good to know that my phone is not opening in The clockwork mod i used when i boot into recovery and also yes the theme caused the problem the rom was fine until i put the theme in.

also i was on 2.2 when i rooted (manual update off a website)

Last edited:
OP
martin2195

martin2195

Reaction score
dancedroid!!THANK YOU!! All of you especially EbE404dancedroid

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
when you do a hard boot into recovery (hold "x", push power until screen comes on, and keep holding "x") what does your screen say?? it should say something like "ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.1", and then should have menu choices of reboot system, wipe data, wipe cache, nandroid... (or something like that).

EbE404

Reaction score
yes it does...i love this forum the other android forums are mean and called me a 'noob' and what not you guys are awesome, thanks!:)

That's great to hear. We all really try to help each other out and learn from each other here-we were all "noobs" once ;)

Cheers, and welcome to the forum!