Apps won't load

Sherry

Reaction score
Started this morning. I tried to launch My Verizon, it would spin and eventually revert to the home screen. I rebooted, deleted cache, etc. Nothing. Now I have noticed other apps doing the same thing. They fail to launch and revert to Home screen..... Help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping not to have to return to stock, already had to do it after the last update.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
That's a nasty one...So, I'm assuming when you say you've had to 'return to stock' once that you are rooted. If not, feel free to correct me. Couple of questions:
  1. What ROM are you on if you are rooted?
  2. Did you change anything between last night and this morning (i.e. downloading apps, flashed new firmware/ROM, etc)?
  3. Aside from the My Verizon App, do the other apps have anything in common that you know of (all media apps, Google Apps, Verizon apps, etc)?
  4. Is there any error messages that show up when they fail to launch?
  5. What does your Settings > About Phone say that you're on? Take a screenshot if need be.
  6. Do you have a backup through Titanium in case you do need to revert to stock or factory reset?
I'm not hugely familiar with root anymore. I'm mainly a stock kinda guy since I have a Nexus, but if you're willing to wait and jot down the info above, I'm sure we'll get some fabulous peoples from RS to back me up.

Reactions: CJM
OP
Sherry

Sherry

Reaction score
Thunderbolt,
1. I said stock but meant factory.
2. Nothing changed since yesterday
3. After My Verizon, Mobile Patrol quit, then Trivia Crack. Not sure what else, but is frustrating. I have deleted and reloaded Mobile Patrol and trivia. No change. My Verizon just updated itself and still won't work.
4. No error message, just aborts load and returns to home screen
5. Android - 5.01 / Htc Sense 6.0 / Software # 4.17.605.5 / HTC SDK API level 6.44
6. I don't but can do it. Looks like that might be the answer (sigh)

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Thunderbolt,
1. I said stock but meant factory.
2. Nothing changed since yesterday
3. After My Verizon, Mobile Patrol quit, then Trivia Crack. Not sure what else, but is frustrating. I have deleted and reloaded Mobile Patrol and trivia. No change. My Verizon just updated itself and still won't work.
4. No error message, just aborts load and returns to home screen
5. Android - 5.01 / Htc Sense 6.0 / Software # 4.17.605.5 / HTC SDK API level 6.44
6. I don't but can do it. Looks like that might be the answer (sigh)

Axe 6 because I assumed you were rooted. Backup what you can though (pics, texts, etc.)

Take a look at your RAM area Settings > Apps > Running. Let me know if you got little to none free.

mroz

Reaction score
Having the exact same issue. Appreciate any help.

mroz

Reaction score
I have the CM and other utilities that keep an eye on my ram usage. No issues, but went ahead and boosted any way. Over 50% available.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Reaction score
No issues there. I went ahead an took back to factory, the issue stopped. I noticed today a bunch of apps updating and the dang problem is back and causing apps to just blow up. This is annoying. I started going through all the apps that updated. Finally got to one called Android System Webview. I uninstalled the updates and say several people are slamming this app. My apps launch again. Mroz, check and see if this affects yours.

Well I think I found the culprit. There is no way to keep the app from auto updating so I Disabled it to see what would happen. I could not download any apps from Google Play store. I would get an error message every time. I re-enabled it and the apps download like they are supposed to. I read that several people have the same issue with it that we do.

Thanks Google!!!!!!!!!!!! oVo

Last edited:

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved..

mroz

Reaction score
One of my apps that was having an issue, Scanner Radio, actually posted a link to the issue. It's sad.