OTA rolling out!

rdgxray

Reaction score
Soak test starting

Just got it in Redding, CA at 9 am pst. I am a stock soak tester.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

jzmax22

Reaction score
Syracuse ny 1245pm

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
And you're not soak testers?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are, I believe. We should be getting it by the end of the month.

OP
rdgxray

rdgxray

Reaction score
Yes I am a soak tester. From reading on these forums I believed they were skipping the soak test and just rolling it out due to pressure from Verizon. I guess that is not true. Soak testers are only ones getting it right now as far as I know. Sorry if my op was confusing. Good news either way...should be available for all soon.

gsDroid

Reaction score
Is this update blocked for bionics that have updated the kernel/radio via cheesecake or other means?

OP
rdgxray

rdgxray

Reaction score
Edited my op and changed thread title to "soak test starting " but I guess you cannot change thread name. Sorry for it being misleading once again.

americanz

Reaction score
my buddy (stock) just got the soak. kernal and baseband are the same as leaked ota. im reverting to .886 to get mine. and see if it works or fails. will let you all know asap

dags5000

Reaction score
my buddy (stock) just got the soak. kernal and baseband are the same as leaked ota. im reverting to .886 to get mine. and see if it works or fails. will let you all know asap

if you already applied the update (the leaked one), why would you revert to reapply it? The 5.5.893 update coming OTA now is exactly the same as that which was leaked. So if you applied that one, you're good. If you applied a later one, 5.7.893, i believe that is the next update in line anyways, so wouldn't see any point in reverting either.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
looks like if you've flashed ANY of the leaked ROM's which updated your kernel/baseband you will not get the OTA, even if you flash back to 5.5.886 the OTA will not be delivered.

folks who are on any of the leaks might as well just keep their systems in check for now...

americanz

Reaction score
if you already applied the update (the leaked one), why would you revert to reapply it? The 5.5.893 update coming OTA now is exactly the same as that which was leaked. So if you applied that one, you're good. If you applied a later one, 5.7.893, i believe that is the next update in line anyways, so wouldn't see any point in reverting either.

to see if it works

dags5000

Reaction score
looks like if you've flashed ANY of the leaked ROM's which updated your kernel/baseband you will not get the OTA, even if you flash back to 5.5.886 the OTA will not be delivered.

folks who are on any of the leaks might as well just keep their systems in check for now...

yes, all those leaks i believe will be the same as the OTA's delivered so we are fine. If you applied the 5.893 leak, just wait until the 7.893 OTA is officially released, and you can then apply that and will be back on the path. if you applied the 5.7.893 leak, then simply wait for the 894 update. if you applied the 894, just wait for the ICS update.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright I have a question. I am totally stock unrooted right now, on no leaks. I am stock 5.5.886. If I root and apply 43V3R Root, can I still get the OTA from Moto and keep root? Or will it mess my system up or remove me from their update list? If I am rooted and do not change my kernel/radio I should be able to receive and take the OTA right?