1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

OTA rolling out!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by rdgxray, Dec 9, 2011.

1. rdgxray

rdgxray New Member

Soak test starting

Just got it in Redding, CA at 9 am pst. I am a stock soak tester.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. jzmax22

jzmax22 New Member

Syracuse ny 1245pm

3. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t New Member

And you're not soak testers?
  4. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

They are, I believe. We should be getting it by the end of the month.
  5. rdgxray

rdgxray New Member

Yes I am a soak tester. From reading on these forums I believed they were skipping the soak test and just rolling it out due to pressure from Verizon. I guess that is not true. Soak testers are only ones getting it right now as far as I know. Sorry if my op was confusing. Good news either way...should be available for all soon.

6. gsDroid

gsDroid New Member

Is this update blocked for bionics that have updated the kernel/radio via cheesecake or other means?
  7. rdgxray

rdgxray New Member

Edited my op and changed thread title to "soak test starting " but I guess you cannot change thread name. Sorry for it being misleading once again.

8. americanz

americanz New Member

my buddy (stock) just got the soak. kernal and baseband are the same as leaked ota. im reverting to .886 to get mine. and see if it works or fails. will let you all know asap
  9. kennydied23

kennydied23 Member

Keep us posted!
  10. dags5000

dags5000 New Member

if you already applied the update (the leaked one), why would you revert to reapply it? The 5.5.893 update coming OTA now is exactly the same as that which was leaked. So if you applied that one, you're good. If you applied a later one, 5.7.893, i believe that is the next update in line anyways, so wouldn't see any point in reverting either.
  11. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

looks like if you've flashed ANY of the leaked ROM's which updated your kernel/baseband you will not get the OTA, even if you flash back to 5.5.886 the OTA will not be delivered.

folks who are on any of the leaks might as well just keep their systems in check for now...
  12. americanz

americanz New Member

to see if it works
  13. dags5000

dags5000 New Member

yes, all those leaks i believe will be the same as the OTA's delivered so we are fine. If you applied the 5.893 leak, just wait until the 7.893 OTA is officially released, and you can then apply that and will be back on the path. if you applied the 5.7.893 leak, then simply wait for the 894 update. if you applied the 894, just wait for the ICS update.
  14. dags5000

dags5000 New Member

ok lol, let us know. still don't see the point really, but to each his/her own. you'd essentially be installing what you already had
  15. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Alright I have a question. I am totally stock unrooted right now, on no leaks. I am stock 5.5.886. If I root and apply 43V3R Root, can I still get the OTA from Moto and keep root? Or will it mess my system up or remove me from their update list? If I am rooted and do not change my kernel/radio I should be able to receive and take the OTA right?
  16. americanz

americanz New Member

yes i understand this. but there was a big debate as to if the ota will install if you took a leaked ota. so i am working on an answer
  17. dags5000

dags5000 New Member

That one i'm not 100% sure on. I do not think moto has ability to see if your phone is rooted so that wouldn't remove you from the update list. Also, even if for some reason you don't get the update officially, it is leaked and available all over the web, so you simply download it and apply it yourself. That is what many people have already done.
  18. americanz

americanz New Member

rooting does not chage your system or kernal, you should be able to keep root, if not you can just root again
  19. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Yes I was thinking of doing it but are we absolutely sure the newest leak matches the official OTA that they are releasing? Will this prevent us from getting ICS if we apply it as a leak?
  20. dags5000

dags5000 New Member

right - i believe that if you are on 5.7.893 (or applied that one and then reverted to stock), you will NOT be able to take 5.5.893, cause the kernel/radio check is still there. However, when the update after 6.7.893 comes out, if's kernel/radio check will look for what you have from installing 5.7.893 and it WILL then work. The reason people that applied 5.7.893 now and couldn't apply the update that was leaked after, was because the leaks all checked for the STOCK kernel/radio. The official updates will not check for stock (unless its the first one, 5.5.893), but rather the kernel/radio that is respectively on whatever version you came from. THe only difference then between the leaked updates and the official ones are the checks that it makes to verify what version you were on. Makes perfect sense too, because when they leaked 5.7.893, they expected users to be applying it who were stock. same with 894.. thus the kernel/radio/webtop checks verified against stock, and not the version that truly preceded the version you were intalling.

anyways, that was a mouthful, but i believe it's correct. as usual, only time will tell.