Where's the update?

dags5000

Reaction score
If u were rooted and forever rooted correctly, the 5.5.893 update would not remove root. The leaked ota which is still all over the web for download And the ota coming direct from moto/Verizon officially are EXACTLY the same. Just saying so if you don't want to wait any longer just download the zip file, boot into stock recovery and apply it. Its 100% the same thing as getting it officially. Zero differences.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Everything on the phone improved for me. Except the pic quality still isn't great. Everything else, apps to media area, data connection, all flawless. Now those who still have data issues I really think that's a network issue that they are still working on, it happens on more than just the Bionic.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
How can everyone be so sure they are the same. Just because they have the same version # doesn't necessarily make them the same, is there some other way to tell ?

If u were rooted and forever rooted correctly, the 5.5.893 update would not remove root. The leaked ota which is still all over the web for download And the ota coming direct from moto/Verizon officially are EXACTLY the same. Just saying so if you don't want to wait any longer just download the zip file, boot into stock recovery and apply it. Its 100% the same thing as getting it officially. Zero differences.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Not all soak testers got it. Today should be the last day for the soak test. Testers fill out the survey forms today. Should be 1-2 weeks and we start getting the official push.

I was a soak tester & did not get it either.
I was even on a list in the private forum to do a FDR because my phone evidently never registered with the server when activated so they could push it to me again & still did not get it. Of course they wanted me to still fill out the survey stating if I did or didn't get it & why.
I don't understand why it is so hard to push the updates out reliably to a individual phone when you are working with specific tracking numbers for a phone & a small amount of soak testers.

On a side note those of you who get the "no update available at this time check back later" It is because your phone never registered with the server & will not push updates to you, so do a FDR.
As soon as I was instructed to do the FDR & checked for updates after I got the message "device is up to date"

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Everything on the phone improved for me. Except the pic quality still isn't great. Everything else, apps to media area, data connection, all flawless. Now those who still have data issues I really think that's a network issue that they are still working on, it happens on more than just the Bionic.

Thanks for the update Shadez! Look forward to getting the update. Agree with what you are saying about the network issues. Mine access has improved dramatically in the past couple of weeks, only a couple of drops (and I am still running stock). Hope the soak testers encourage Motorola/Verizon to get this fix rolled out quickly, will save alot of folks that may not be as resourceful as many out here alot of frustration! Besides, I wanna root :icon_ lala:

snsethy

Reaction score
On a side note those of you who get the "no update available at this time check back later" It is because your phone never registered with the server & will not push updates to you, so do a FDR.
As soon as I was instructed to do the FDR & checked for updates after I got the message "device is up to date"

Sorry if I'm being stupid, but what is an FDR and how does one do it?

Thanks!

edit NM, just realized it means factory reset.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Thanks!

FDR - Factory Data Reset

You hit menu button, settings,Privacy, Factory Data Reset.
Make sure you have "back up my date checked", "automatic restore" & it has synced.
You will still have to re download any free apps that are not purchased & set up all your home screens email signatures etc.
It does no restore everything.
It does restore youe system settings though.

dressagerider

Reaction score
I was a soak tester & did not get it either.
I was even on a list in the private forum to do a FDR because my phone evidently never registered with the server when activated so they could push it to me again & still did not get it. Of course they wanted me to still fill out the survey stating if I did or didn't get it & why.
I don't understand why it is so hard to push the updates out reliably to a individual phone when you are working with specific tracking numbers for a phone & a small amount of soak testers.

Can you please tell me what FDR means?

snsethy

Reaction score
Can you please tell me what FDR means?
FDR - Forced Data Reset

Make sure you have "back up my date checked", "automatic restore" & it has synced.
You will still have to re download any free apps that are not purchased & set up all your home screens email signatures etc.

Will this work if I'm just getting the "Device is up to date" message even though I am not.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Thanks!

Will this work if I'm just getting the "Device is up to date" message even though I am not.

No this is for if you were not getting the "Device is up to date" message.

If you are trying to update you need to do a little more reading & get more familiar with what you are doing or it will end badly.

don_droid

Reaction score
I got the update and it did improved things. Data dropouts are less and the phone freezing is less. The camera is better. All of this is true, but it still seems that it does freeze some and the camera is still not that good if you use the flash. Several more fixes are needed. The battery usage has been a wash for me - about the same.

I really think that the data dropouts is a very complex set of conditions that can be caused by many things on the phone and on the network. Say they fix 20 reasons there might still be 20 more that can cause a dropout. The camera and the battery usage are the same. This leads to what i feel about the update is that it helps, but more work is still needed.

brunla

Reaction score
Are you stating that if it says "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later" comes up, that you have to do a FDR in order to be able to get the new update coming out???

FDR - Factory Data Reset

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Thanks!

Are you stating that if it says "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later" comes up, that you have to do a FDR in order to be able to get the new update coming out???

Yes - that is what I was instructed to do By Motorola techs for this exact issue when I was having trouble getting the update during the soak test.
They looked at my account & could tell the phone never registered with the server when it was activated.

brunla

Reaction score
Well I have checked for the update before and it said multiple times "your phone is up to date". This just started happening so I am wondering if so many people are checking for updates that the "update server" or whatever is overloaded.

I really do not want to have to FDR my phone and go through that for nothing if I do not have to.

Yes - that is what I was instructed to do By Motorola techs for this exact issue when I was having trouble getting the update during the soak test.
They looked at my account & could tell the phone never registered with the server when it was activated.