Bionic soak test coming

srgolub

Reaction score
Just got an email from Moto Support Forums that a soak test for the Bionic update will be starting shortly and that the version being pushed to testers is intended to be the actual update released.

I had to complete a short survey and was informed that I'd be included in the test. Will update when I receive the update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lykofos

Reaction score
Sweet, been waiting for this. Hopefully it happens sooner than later. Completely stock / unrooted. Decided to wait for the official OTA update instead of installing the leaked one.

fucco

Reaction score
I got the update email as well but i have the 5.7.893 patch installed already. So i think i a might wait to see what version motorola is pushing in their update.

konellaz

Reaction score
I got the update email as well but i have the 5.7.893 patch installed already. So i think i a might wait to see what version motorola is pushing in their update.

I also have 5.7.893 skimming through forums I noticed that I can't get official OTA even if I use the known methods of returning to stock/unroot.. I understand it remains 5.7.893, but looks stock to the untrained eye... My question is... IS THIS TRUE?

GoBears

Reaction score
The official OTA isn't even released yet. How could anyone know who can or can't install it? Yes, the locked bootloader prevents backwards flashing of the kernel but this was clearly stated many times in numerous posts. I'm on 5.7 also and not worried at all. The dev community is incredibly talented and if a work around is necessary, I'm sure they'll find something.

konellaz

Reaction score
The official OTA isn't even released yet. How could anyone know who can or can't install it? Yes, the locked bootloader prevents backwards flashing of the kernel but this was clearly stated many times in numerous posts. I'm on 5.7 also and not worried at all. The dev community is incredibly talented and if a work around is necessary, I'm sure they'll find something.

Thank you. I'm new. And bouncing forum to forum site people saying this people saying that.. Thanks for the clarification. I have been flashing Th3ory Roms since my TB, so I'm very confident I'll be fine. Just wanted to know a bit more.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Yep same here. Usually there'll be a rooted version for us to flash as well. Maybe that thread on unlocking the bootloader makes progress

GoBears

Reaction score
You're welcome. We can all panic together later lol.

ruinah

Reaction score

yeah, usually there are ways to go back if needed. I installed the leaked OTA and the data issue and audio in the headphones went away. Still have wifi issues though where it takes forever to find an access point and connect. Hopefully the OTA soak will just overwrite what I have. Be interested to see the build once they push the soak this week. Probably won't happen until Thursday though.

ruinah

Reaction score
What'sa "Soak Test?"

it's when the manufacturer sends out the updates to a control group. If you are part of the Motorola Feedback network you would get an email, you answer a few questions and then they push the update to you within a day or two. They give you a private forum to report bugs or issues back to so they can tell if the update is truly ready for general release or not. If not, they go back and fix and then do another soak test. If all proves ok, then general release is usually a week or two later.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
actually Moto has been sending out the regular release 1-2 days after the soak test begins as of late.
I wouldnt be surprised to see it hit the masses by this weekend

jeremym

Reaction score
Just got an email from Moto Support Forums that a soak test for the Bionic update will be starting shortly and that the version being pushed to testers is intended to be the actual update released.

I had to complete a short survey and was informed that I'd be included in the test. Will update when I receive the update.

You must have missed that check mark box that asked if you agreed to keep this test confidential :)

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
it's when the manufacturer sends out the updates to a control group. If you are part of the Motorola Feedback network you would get an email, you answer a few questions and then they push the update to you within a day or two. They give you a private forum to report bugs or issues back to so they can tell if the update is truly ready for general release or not. If not, they go back and fix and then do another soak test. If all proves ok, then general release is usually a week or two later.

IOW

moto's free beta testing.