ICS OTA Rolling out for everyone starting tonight.

D

Developer

drust said:
reflashed 902 earlier this week... pushed the 905 update... only thing i fid was root

I suggest you reflash, and DONT root then update. Once you have done that Then proceed and Root. Try That and let me know.

ᄅ° ✖ Droid Forums ✘

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Developer said:
The Update will fail if: OS is Tampered, Bloatware removed, or has any back ups. It might fail for being rooted. Some bionic users experienced that to.

ᄅ° ✖ Droid Forums ✘

Omg u have no idea what ur talking about

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .246 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Developer said:
I suggest you reflash, and DONT root then update. Once you have done that Then proceed and Root. Try That and let me know.

ᄅ° ✖ Droid Forums ✘

Root does not fail an update forever root does not root

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
drust said:
update fails stock rooted 905

What's the error ur getting?

darrick04

Reaction score
Mine was bone stock. Successful update. Didn't take more than an hour for the total process. LOVE IT! :)

fred03031

Reaction score
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WHO HAS JUST RECEIVED THE UPDATE!!!!

Message This Forum if anything goes wrong with the update (ONLY FOR THOSE WHO RECEIVED IT TONIGHT). I will let Matt (Motorola Push Update Team Manager) know that something is wrong and he will get right on it.

Welcome To Ice Cream Sandwich! Bionic Users.

-Thanks,
Motorola Feedback Member

ᄅ° ✖ Droid Forums ✘

In case you really want to know Matt is the forum mgr and if anyone has an issue they can head over to the moto forum and ask.

magic787

Reaction score
So I manually checked for updates before I went to bed last night, around midnight, and found it was available, so hoping to wake up to an updated bionic, I had it start downloading and went to bed. When I woke up this morning to find it had stopped at 6%. I've tried everything from restarting like 25 times, to clearing the cache, and pulling the battery, and turning off data, anything I could find. I decided to leave it alone, and since then it's started and stopped about 5 times, and I'm still stuck at 61% after starting the process almost 15 hours ago... I'm getting so impatient! Haha.

I don't know what's going on with you guys phone but my wife and I downloaded start to finish in 20 to 25 minutes no problem

drust

Reaction score
Guess it was my root..... ics wooohooo

Anyone know how to turn off. Auto shortcuts

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
drust said:
Guess it was my root..... ics wooohooo

Anyone know how to turn off. Auto shortcuts

Play store settings

spudland

Reaction score
There's been some mention about the install times taking VERY long in some cases and even a tip to remove pic/music files to speed it up...I wiped my phone to get the download to become "unstuck" (which worked fine for me) and tonight I started copying back files to the internal memory and it's taking FOREVER! Over 2 hours now and I haven't even started on the removable drive. There must be some kind of file conversion going on or something....never took more than 20 minutes on GB so I'm wondering if it's one of those pay me now or pay me later issues. Another issue I noticed while doing this...every song I bought thru the Zune Marketplace it would not copy to my phone (unlike GB)...just get a message saying it's copyright protected media and can't copy to portable device...I thought I paid for the songs! WTH!:p

tedankel

Reaction score
Got it! Or at least the beginning of the learning curve...what this phone was supposed to have out the door!

kechamb

Reaction score
I went to settings -apps- adw launcher (whatever yours is)-scrool down to clear defaults and press. Now when yo hit home screen it will allow you to either use go or stock as launcher.

kechamb

Reaction score
Well then how do I get rid of the launcher without uninstalling it so I can see how ICS is without it?

I went to settings -apps- adw launcher (whatever yours is)-scrool down to clear defaults and press. Now when yo hit home screen it will allow you to either use go or stock as launcher.