OTA GB unavailable

OP
M

mpfwrx

Reaction score
I love it, The OP asks for help, you give him help, I even sent him a PM of the link to the download of the stock update zip and instructions, but the guy cries "I'm going back to apple" and never responds. Have at it man, Apple phones breed ignorance.

I dont have the time to deal with it. I have a lot of work to do

DroidX

leonozug

Reaction score
I love it, The OP asks for help, you give him help, I even sent him a PM of the link to the download of the stock update zip and instructions, but the guy cries "I'm going back to apple" and never responds. Have at it man, Apple phones breed ignorance.

I dont have the time to deal with it. I have a lot of work to do

DroidX

Dude seriously it's like a five minute process, but so be it. If you don't want to learn basic things about how an Android phone works, you probably should go back to Apple. I tried to help but oh well, no biggie.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really, it does only take 5 min, but I've realized some people don't really care or want to learn this kind of stuff. Me, I love having confidence in the fact that I know my phone better. I try to learn something new every day about android (code, roms etc) I totally have a long way to go but i like it. It doesnt appeal to everyone

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

Sygnosis

Reaction score
i went to menu-settings-about phone-system updates and it was there

I cut out a few steps in my post...same deal. I still have no access to GB. 2.2.1 still. Im going back to apple in protest. And I hate how they limit your use of "your" phone. This is fn bull****. I left apple in protest the first time...

DroidX

F*** Gingerbread, I did the OTA update expecting new shiney, and its a battery eating, display burning, home screen rearranging turd. I wish like hell I knew how to install something that would revert my phone back to froyo, this version sucks a fat donkey d***. and the bonus of not having root sucks too.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Yea I am debating on going back it is starting to seem a bit sluggish now but like with everything else it being new there's going to be draw backs until they sort them out lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Where can you get the old version...I also wanna go back

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
M

mpfwrx

Reaction score
Had this same problem, found a solution mentioned on Verizon's forums that someone found on the MOTO Forums.

Post #6. Phone will not pull down OTA Update - Verizon Wireless Community

"Menu>Settings>Data Manager>Data delivery>Social applications

Make sure that the Sync over Wi-Fi only setting is NOT checked. If it is than uncheck it and try System updates again."

Adding to this: When you un-check this, reboot, and make sure you aren't coonnected to a USB charger (both of which prevented mine from updating). I was connected to charge via USB, and my SD card was unavailable, which may have also prevented the download. When I did all of these things, the download commenced.

This was the problem. Thanks so much. How the f can they not know this at vz! Morons, ill be letting them know about this tomorrow. I talked to the second level of tech about this for 10 minutes.

DroidX

cccmhhh

Reaction score
You right!

i went to menu-settings-about phone-system updates and it was there

I cut out a few steps in my post...same deal. I still have no access to GB. 2.2.1 still. Im going back to apple in protest. And I hate how they limit your use of "your" phone. This is fn bull****. I left apple in protest the first time...

DroidX

F*** Gingerbread, I did the OTA update expecting new shiney, and its a battery eating, display burning, home screen rearranging turd. I wish like hell I knew how to install something that would revert my phone back to froyo, this version sucks a fat donkey d***. and the bonus of not having root sucks too.

This is the most accurate discritption of my feelings of GB. Bingo, hit the nail on the head!