And this is why I got my droid from......

abe7333

Reaction score
So i was a apple user for like 2 years. 1 day i called apple complained about my battery. After talking to the rep they said that the batteries that covered in a 1 year warranty. Wtf? I think that was bs and i decided to go to android. And i.am loving every bit of it.

And things like these piss me off

Yahoo!

Idk what he thinks he is but every dog has his days and right now apple may be on the top but he thinks he is untouchable but you never know what's gonna happen. Every time i hear android is going up i get soooo happy. I love android and love the community. I was gonna get the ipad but now i am gonna wait and buy the gingerbread tablet when it comes out. I am not giving my single penny to apple. Yeah that's how they treat their customers . Please comment.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gingerbread tablet sounds tastey right now....

Oh you meant 3.0 :)

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Yahoo!

Idk what he thinks he is but every dog has his days and right now apple may be on the top but he thinks he is untouchable but you never know what's gonna happen. Every time i hear android is going up i get soooo happy. I love android and love the community. I was gonna get the ipad but now i am gonna wait and buy the gingerbread tablet when it comes out. I am not giving my single penny to apple. Yeah that's how they treat their customers . Please comment.

I'm waiting for the few resident Apple fanboys on here to comment. These are the type of incidents that you wouldn't have had happen 10+ years ago. He wasn't as arrogant back then. But I guess SOMEBODY had to replace Bill Gates when Gates decided to step down and give money away and turn into a good guy. The evil computer company head position was begging to be filled. Just ironic it had to be by Gate's biggest critic - and that he wears black. :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the Apple folks do comment please keep the discussion civil so it does not turn into "Cider"

BTW -- I use an iMac and Mac Book Pro. :icon_ peace:

Mike

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shades of microsoft and look how that's turning out on phones now.
Maybe I'm wrong but when the future became mobile MS rested on its reputation. Hopefully Apple won't make that mistake because though I'm not a fan they did make things better for us non Apple users in not only phones but music players, music stores and portable media readers. We are not stuck with walkmans,wmp,ie,pdas, etc
wified from my Incredible monolith using SlideIT on Tapatalk

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was poking :icon_ poke: fun. I like Apple Cider, also!

donballz

Reaction score
I'm no apple guy but I don't see that jobs our apple did anything wrong in that link. They should have to respond to every little request for info? Including the ceo personally? They are a fortune 500 company. I have s hard time getting my own boss to read my emails. She is lucky she got a response at all.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
From Gawker, no copy of the emails, no idea what the questions were, and a journalism student who should probably get used to the words 'no comment'. I'll save my outrage for something worth the trouble.

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
From Gawker, no copy of the emails, no idea what the questions were, and a journalism student who should probably get used to the words 'no comment'. I'll save my outrage for something worth the trouble.

Ya but that's not the way to treat your customers. He thinks well people are going to buy ipad anyways. Just look how wrong he was about android. In just few months android has practically dwarfed ios. Same is going to happen with ipad. Once gingerbread comes out ipad sales are going to take a fall. A company that don't cover the battery in a 1 year warranty is rediculous. He is famous for stuff like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
A company that don't cover the battery in a 1 yeast warranty is rediculous. He is famous for stuff like that.

The batter is covered in the included 1 year warranty on all the iOS devices.

The rest is pretty much irrelevant. Nobody worries about whether the CEO of Sony is a nice guy when they buy a TV. GE's CEO doesn't kiss babies to sell washing machines.

I doubt it was intentional, but the media has turned Apple into a Soap Opera. It's all about money, and on the internet money means page hits. Nothing produces page hits as reliably as emotionally charged controversy. Given the disproportionate number of technophiles and geeks on the internet it was probably inevitable that the tech industry news now has as much or more to do with personalities and idealogical causes as it does with the quality of the technology.

Personally I'm only concerned with whether my product does what I want and the quality of customer service. At this point I am reasonably satisfied with this on all my tech products, Apple, Google, and Verizon.

As far as future sales go, we'll see. The explosion of Android phones was all but inevitable. There was a huge market that wanted a smart phone but, for one reason or another, found the iPhone and/or AT&T an unacceptable solution. Android has been the answer for a lot of us. And the competition it provides for all the mobile OS companies is a win for everyone.

Getting worked up about the trivia of company CEO's is pointless. It's just a combination of media money making hype and companies (on both sides) trying to get you to buy based on emotions instead of the logic of your situation.

OP
abe7333

abe7333

Reaction score
No sir its not included. I called th then and they said no. it does matter. The customer service rep treat you the same way a they see their ceo does. Usually I have had a great time with apple customer service when they staRted but not anymore.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I just lucky. I've had good experiences with Apple, VZW, and even AT&T. When I was working the CS folks at MS were disappointing. The Dell CS folks were fantastic!

Just my experiences.

Mike

thc1967

Reaction score
My daughter swears by Apple. She overspent to buy herself a MacBook for college. She bought herself iPhones.

She has had nothing but great experiences with Apple support, both for the laptop and her phones.

However, we all hated AT&T to death, so she didn't argue (surprise!) when we switched to Verizon and I bought her a Droid1 to replace her iPhone.

Now... well... she still loves her MacBook madly but she realizes the Droid is head and shoulders above the iPhone.