D2G GB Update ?

R

robbyp30

my 608 just installed as well...unfortunately still have the green notification light blinking occasionally for no reason, will have to see if the bottom row stays lit while in the dock. those were my two big problems (if this even fixes that). still never got the accuweather app that was listed either.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Scooter70

Reaction score
My wife just called to tell me that her keyboard (both hardware and on-screen) isn't working after updating to 608 last night. Has anyone seen this one?

trdsoarer93

Reaction score
how do i prevent this OTA from installing on the phone - its been dowloading most of the morning - I just turned off data so it would stop.

silver6054

Reaction score
how do i prevent this OTA from installing on the phone - its been dowloading most of the morning - I just turned off data so it would stop.

Not sure what you need, a way to permanently stop the OTA process? That can be done by renaming /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip

if you are rooted.

NeXtras

Reaction score
Something very cool that i just notice in GB...the ability to access both 3G and WiFi at the same time..this comes in handy for skype mobile as you have to use it over 3G...i just remember being connected at work via wifi and wanted to use skype and app told me i had to turn wifi off in order to proceed

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

xcodybx

Reaction score
Not sure what you need, a way to permanently stop the OTA process? That can be done by renaming /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip

if you are rooted.

can you explain this more in depth?
what exactly do we rename?
and we just rename is /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip?

Alchemist945

Reaction score
My wife got it on het d2g yesterday morning she hates it the phone is slower then ever now her MOTO blur changed all together just for her to read a text and reply to it takes 2 min we timed it and turning on phone big kick in the pants it now takes 20 min to turn on it used to be like 30 sec is there anyway to un update this

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using droidForums

NeXtras

Reaction score
can you explain this more in depth?
what exactly do we rename?
and we just rename is /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip?

you would rename the otacerts.zip.. so essentially an OTA update cannotfindthe final for the certification, thus not allowing an OTA update..

so if im correct rename otacerts.zip to otacertsx.zip

xcodybx

Reaction score
you would rename the otacerts.zip.. so essentially an OTA update cannotfindthe final for the certification, thus not allowing an OTA update..

so if im correct rename otacerts.zip to otacertsx.zip

right after I renamed it, the update notification popped up....lol.

xcodybx

Reaction score
This is from an old post.... think the same thing will work here? after I rename it should I just "accept" the dl?

Many people have been renaming otacerts.zip to stop the notification from appearing, so I’d like to address that. Renaming otacerts.zip will indeed stop the notifications from being presented to you, but it does so by breaking the updater mechanism in a way that makes it think that the update file is corrupt. This will cause it to re-download the update file indefinitely, which will severely impact your battery life. This is why we didn’t remove the file from the ROM entirely.
So, to put it simply, if you are running any non-stock ROM at all, you can safely “accept” the 2.1 update to stop the notifications; the update will not be able to patch the modified system files, and will not make any changes to your phone.