D2G GB Update ?

xcodybx

Reaction score
just clicked accept on my phone and it rebooted and said it failed. Kind of scared that it's going to keep trying to re-download it and kill my battery though.... =\

xcodybx

Reaction score
systemupdater.apk to systemupdater.apk.bak

sorry for blowing up this thread..... I'm just researching my butt off finding all these options.

silver6054

Reaction score
systemupdater.apk to systemupdater.apk.bak

sorry for blowing up this thread..... I'm just researching my butt off finding all these options.

Let us know if that works! BTW, what are you running so that you don't want the update?

Inef

Reaction score
I got the :608 as a push on both my and my finance's d2g's mid day on Wednesday. Phone updated and rebooted upon accepting.

It looks great. Here's what I got...

Green LED: I can't tell if its going off without an actual notification of a real email because I constantly have new work emails

Bluetooth: I have a Mazda (new, 2012 year make) and I had absolutely no problems with connecting to my built in car bluetooth before the update. Now I gotta re-pair everytime just to get it to connect (very frustrating!)

Contacts: all my birthdays are messed up and have been replaced with numbers that don't mean anything (or are undecipherable)... and I dont see a section to input birthdays for a new contact (?)

I did a quick search but didn't see a thread yet on update issues, anyone else having the same probe?

Droid2Global
Edit:gonna start a new thread in hopes someones got any info.... the bluetooth wont even pair now :/ .... arg....

xcodybx

Reaction score
Let us know if that works! BTW, what are you running so that you don't want the update?

just rooted stock GB. I'm content with .607 and I don't want change yet. I've seen that the new update is acting weird so I'm staying with what I have. and btw.... systemupdater.apk doesn't exist...unless it's under something else.

xcodybx

Reaction score
ok. I think I figured out a safe way to stop the notifications.....rooted of course.

go into Titanium Backup and freeze: Updater 2.3.3 AND Upgrader 1.0.0

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Something very cool that i just notice in GB...the ability to access both 3G and WiFi at the same time..this comes in handy for skype mobile as you have to use it over 3G...i just remember being connected at work via wifi and wanted to use skype and app told me i had to turn wifi off in order to proceed

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Same thing I noticed yesterday that I had'nt seen before.....I was downloading a bunch of apps updates and got a txt, I replied to the txt, got another...my daughter and I exhanged several...and the apps continued to download.

trdsoarer93

Reaction score
If i were to SBF back to the original Rom for droid2G as i had before..
is there anyway to just get the latest froyo update via OTA or does it go str8 to GB?
Gingerbread Still sucks -
the menu home back and search buttons on bottom dont light up
the calls still minimize to taskbar up top and the dialpad doesnt work properly.
theres apparently a pixel shift for the 3g icon (well im always H not 3g) so i dont see it..

i just want to keep froyo - it works. never a problem. except it keeps asking to install the update every 12 hours.
but the only SBF i can find is the original stock rom - not the updated froyo one. atleast not one thats not been modified.

NeXtras

Reaction score
is there anyway to just get the latest froyo update via OTA or does it go str8 to GB?
the calls still minimize to taskbar up top and the dialpad doesnt work properly.
theres apparently a pixel shift for the 3g icon (well im always H not 3g) so i dont see it..

i just want to keep froyo - it works. never a problem. except it keeps asking to install the update every 12 hours.
but the only SBF i can find is the original stock rom - not the updated froyo one. atleast not one thats not been modified.

I'm guessing theres a problem with your phone... on mine, everything that is suppose to light up does, and the four buttons on the front vibrate when pressed, and the pixel shift is fixed (was fixed in the 608 version) and all my calls are working fine.. I havent had to reboot my phone yet, with 2.2 i had to reboot at least once a day if not more.. at 146hrs up time right now

silver6054

Reaction score

Search for droid 2 global sbf 2.4.330 Yes, you will find dead links, but, for example:

Motorola Droid 2 Global: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki contains links to the .330 SBF.