D2G GB Update ?

kprz24

Reaction score
Ok so as far as i know all that has been released is a patch for .607 hence it being 14mb so if you want this you have to install .607 first and then you should get .608 pushed to you if you dont get it try rebooting and going to settings>about phone>system updates and there you go if you dont get and dont have the patience to wait you can manually install the patche the same way you do .607

silver6054

Reaction score
Ok so as far as i know all that has been released is a patch for .607 hence it being 14mb so if you want this you have to install .607 first and then you should get .608 pushed to you if you dont get it try rebooting and going to settings>about phone>system updates and there you go if you dont get and dont have the patience to wait you can manually install the patche the same way you do .607

Don't think it has been officially released to any but the soak test group, so the push or system updates route won't work yet

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

NeXtras

Reaction score
gingerbread.jpg

Here's what i'm talking about on Motorola.com.. they have the old manual (Froyo) and the new one for GB... and this is specifically for the d2g not the d2..:icon_ banana:

Attachments

• gingerbread.jpg
    gingerbread.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 352

kprz24

Reaction score
Sorry i ment to respond to this early but the way i posted does in fact work i did it this morning i guess you can say you can only get this if youre part of the soak but if you were on .607 you are part of the soak and it will b pushed to you regardless of how you got .607

silver6054

Reaction score
Sorry i ment to respond to this early but the way i posted does in fact work i did it this morning i guess you can say you can only get this if youre part of the soak but if you were on .607 you are part of the soak and it will b pushed to you regardless of how you got 607
Oh, OK. I was on a (modified) .607 and it didn't show up either way, but may be it is being pushed in batches or something.

snipes1003

Reaction score
nvm for all those having same issues as I was: to access recovery in gb hold x while rebooting than use hold both volume keys to access, then the power button acts as the "enter" key

Snare

Reaction score
I just went to check for updates on my phone and its available.

kotarr

Reaction score
my verizon retailer said they are starting to release it today... to selected hansets.
i was one of those handsets, downloading now =)))))

tl;dr
its released. again.

geekiehersheys

Reaction score
Los Angeles here, checked and its dl'ing now

NeXtras

Reaction score
It is amazing how much faster and better it runs on GB...like night and day!

SteveIrv

Reaction score
My phone was part of the soak test that started Friday or Saturday morning, I didn't notice any issues with it running 608, hadn't had any trouble with it running 607 either. Runs faster, battery lasts longer, looks "cooler" with GB than it did running Froyo.

Just as I was getting ready to hit the sack last night my wife's phone got the 608 update pushed to it, we'll have to see if she even notices.