OTA GB unavailable

mpfwrx

Reaction score
So ive been trying to access 2.3 for several days but it's never available. (im on 2.2 bone stock) Called verizon and they said I needed to wait for a notification or do manually while plugged into a comp. The later of which could void warranty they said. I said so how long; how is it coordinated? They said we dont know; it's all up to moto. Anyone know the real story? Im so frustated with this update process. Google needs to throw its weight around on this... Im considering ditching android over this bs

DroidX

jgraham4598

Reaction score
A friend of mine got her update last Wednesday. She was stock also. You might be able to take it into your Verizon store and have them do it for you. Their way may wipe all your data though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

titans1

Reaction score
You must be real new to this. This is the way they always do it it's nothing new.

OP
M

mpfwrx

Reaction score
You must be real new to this. This is the way they always do it it's nothing new.

With froyo I wasn't aware of its release until I got the notification.

DroidX

imgrtful

Reaction score
i went to menu-settings-about phone-system updates and it was there

OP
M

mpfwrx

Reaction score
i went to menu-settings-about phone-system updates and it was there

I cut out a few steps in my post...same deal. I still have no access to GB. 2.2.1 still. Im going back to apple in protest. And I hate how they limit your use of "your" phone. This is fn bull****. I left apple in protest the first time...

DroidX

leonozug

Reaction score
You know it's really simple to download the stock .596 update.zip file, put it on your SD card and make sure it's named update, turn your phone off, then hold the home and power button to turn it on and then press the search button to go into stock recovery, and select "install update zip". Does that seem really too confusing to do? Look of videos on how to do it on youtube. Don't be afraid cause some guy at the verizon store told you it may void your warranty. That's more if you root and rom it. What you would be doing is no different than what they would do, they just don't like it when customers know as much or more than they do about their phones.

droid_x_noob

Reaction score
I got mine a few days ago actually when I trade my d2g for a dx flashed to ds it said the update was there sbfd to froyo didn't like gb at first but sbfd yesterday and did the update again over night after a failed attempt at flashing .595 lol

imgrtful

Reaction score
your not missing anything.i actually think it ran much smoother on froyo and rally am not digging gb at all

droid_x_noob

Reaction score
Yea I am debating on going back it is starting to seem a bit sluggish now but like with everything else it being new there's going to be draw backs until they sort them out lol

leonozug

Reaction score
I went back to Rubix Focused 2.0.1...didn't like 2.3.3 at all. I might try a GB drew garen Rom this week for the hell of it though, but I think I'm pretty much staying with Rubix.

Last edited:

ladyofshalott99

Reaction score
solution

Had this same problem, found a solution mentioned on Verizon's forums that someone found on the MOTO Forums.

Post #6. Phone will not pull down OTA Update - Verizon Wireless Community

"Menu>Settings>Data Manager>Data delivery>Social applications

Make sure that the Sync over Wi-Fi only setting is NOT checked. If it is than uncheck it and try System updates again."

Adding to this: When you un-check this, reboot, and make sure you aren't coonnected to a USB charger (both of which prevented mine from updating). I was connected to charge via USB, and my SD card was unavailable, which may have also prevented the download. When I did all of these things, the download commenced.

leonozug

Reaction score
I love it, The OP asks for help, you give him help, I even sent him a PM of the link to the download of the stock update zip and instructions, but the guy cries "I'm going back to apple" and never responds. Have at it man, Apple phones breed ignorance.