is it possible that i...

nikkicowface

Reaction score
can get another phone if ive rooted it and all that junk, if im having problems with it? i know someone said rooting it would void the warranty but i havent even had it 6 months yet and im having loads of issues..and if its not possible with it rooted, cant i unroot it and reset factory settings and try switching it out? im perfectly fine getting the same phone, i love my d2g, i just want those small issues gone, ya know? its a little irritating when an amazing phone has problems. i have the HeXen rom, its rooted, had it maybe 5 months (not exactly sure how long ive had it) and ive gone through here with tons of questions to fix the problems, which most of them havent been fixed.. i just wanna know what i can do to possibly get another one, or maybe the d3?? please lemme know, i appreciate all the answers!

silver6054

Reaction score
can get another phone if ive rooted it and all that junk, if im having problems with it? i know someone said rooting it would void the warranty but i havent even had it 6 months yet and im having loads of issues..and if its not possible with it rooted, cant i unroot it and reset factory settings and try switching it out? im perfectly fine getting the same phone, i love my d2g, i just want those small issues gone, ya know? its a little irritating when an amazing phone has problems. i have the HeXen rom, its rooted, had it maybe 5 months (not exactly sure how long ive had it) and ive gone through here with tons of questions to fix the problems, which most of them havent been fixed.. i just wanna know what i can do to possibly get another one, or maybe the d3?? please lemme know, i appreciate all the answers!

The answer depends on your morality, among other things. You can SBF your phone back to stock (search if you don't know how to do this) done correctly, this will remove all traces of what you have done. May be worth doing anyway as this might fix your issues.

If it doesn't fix everything, and you still have significant issues, you can try to get VZ to replace the unit. There is almost no chance you will get a D3 (you would have to have a history of failed replacements, and even that is at the discretion of the rep) more importantly, the replacement will be a refurb, which might well have more issues than your current phone.

That's where the morality comes in, some people root and can damage the phone by overclocking. They then unroot and return the phone, causing some unsuspecting person to get a damaged phone as a refurb. You knew rooting violated the warranty, did it anyway, and now want a replacement..... Your call!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

iguanad

Reaction score
If you bought it new it is under warranty for 1 year through motorola. I would sbf and see if it fixes your issues as the last caller suggested. If not, go online at motorolas support site and set up warranty service.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

juv3

Reaction score
If you are on Gingerbread it's going to be a hustle to SBF Back to stock, so far i think the only way to sbf a rooted gingerbread is thru linux, i would report it lost and pay the 100 dollars difference so they send you a new one, turn it off for a whole day if you do

silver6054

Reaction score
If you are on Gingerbread it's going to be a hustle to SBF Back to stock, so far i think the only way to sbf a rooted gingerbread is thru linux, i would report it lost and pay the 100 dollars difference so they send you a new one, turn it off for a whole day if you do
Not sure what you mean. I have SBF'd rooted GB back to .330 with Windows.

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score

im not on GB

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
You knew rooting violated the warranty, did it anyway, and now want a replacement..... Your call!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

im not demanding a replacement, you saying it like that sounds bad. if i can get these issues fixed, perfect, i absolutely love my phone. but ive tried a million different things and nothing seems to help. ill try sbf, i just gotta figure out how to do it. hopefully its no harder than rooting? cause that was fairly easy, it just takes some instruction following.

silver6054

Reaction score
im not demanding a replacement, you saying it like that sounds bad. if i can get these issues fixed, perfect, i absolutely love my phone. but ive tried a million different things and nothing seems to help. ill try sbf, i just gotta figure out how to do it. hopefully its no harder than rooting? cause that was fairly easy, it just takes some instruction following.

Sorry, I must have been misled by you saying: "just wanna know what i can do to possibly get another one, or maybe the d3??", which to the uninitiated sounds like you are asking for a replacement!

Anyway, SBF is a little more complex than rooting with say Z4root, but it's not hard. A good place to start: SBF - The DROID Wiki

You will need to search for some of the files mentioned there but they are easy to find.