Music Player

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Good evening all :) I was curious as to what is a good Music Player ? Since im running HeXen, my music player.... well i dont like it. ive been using the Google Music player, and its great ( if i had google music ) and i want the stock one, or if possible, a good recommendation for a better one

Khiraji

Reaction score
I've always had solid results with winamp - both the Android and the PC versions. Currently I'm playing with PowerAmp, because imo Winamp's shuffle engine is dumb and I always hear the same few dozen songs (in a library of thousands).

Sent via subspace link from my DROID2

chefyocum

Reaction score
Check your pm

sent from my galaxy tab or d2g both rooted of course

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
I've leaned towards downloading WinAmp, and i just might try it, but I might also try PowerAmp, and if it's worth it, i'll buy it.

alwerner

Reaction score
Amazon MP3 is good. It's great if you use their cloud storage and buy from Amazon. I love having access to all my songs, regardless if I'm on my phone or on a PC.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
i rarely use amazon, hell, i dont think i would use the Google Music beta... thanks for that though :) i will for sure give it a try. I dont listen to alot of music on my phone; i do it mainly when im mowing the lawn or blaring it while im cleaning my house or car

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
IMO, PowerAmp is worth it for the EG and lockscreen controls. It has a lot of custom settings.

Sent from the Unbrickable DROID

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! i will try most of these tonight when i get off work :)

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Double twist is prob the best music player I have ever used. Definitely suggest it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
PowerAMP has a very nice feature of pausing and resuming playback when you disconnect/connect the headphones (correspondingly).

It also supports using the folder tree for playback instead of Android media frameworks. Which is very, very useful for those of us who like to see their albums properly sorted by folders as we arrange it.

leobg

Reaction score
PowerAMP is the only one that doesn't hiss and skip while playing (known droid 2 global bug). Highly recommended!

ExodusC

Reaction score
Another vote for PowerAmp. I too am running HeXen, and I can't stand how slow the music player performs. I like some things about it (the landscape view album art scroll), but I really want a responsive music player.

I've been using the PowerAmp trial for a few days, and I like it- after I customized it some. I don't really use the lockscreen controls as much as I thought I would (I did use the Blur lockscreen controls all the time though).

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

Thisguy89

Reaction score
I've never been fond of PowerAmp. I've always used WinAmp until the first UberMusic alpha came out.