How do i..

nikkicowface

Reaction score
Keep the screen on while im in a call? This isnt a huge problem but its a little irritating. I know just hitting the power button turns it on but its a pain in the ass when the call ends and my phone dies bc im too slow to turn the screen back on and hit end. Itd be nice if i could just keep it on during the whole call. specially when i call my voicemail. is there a way to do it? cause ive looked in the settings and junk and couldnt find anything.

Nasa

Reaction score
I just set mine to hang up by pushing the power button. I think some of the problem might be oil or sweat on the glass, really don't know but have had the same problem.

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
I dont wanna do that cause i push it to get the screen to come back on during a call if i have to push a number or something

Reaction score
Do you have a screen protector? The phone is SUPPOSED to turn the screen off when you take a call and put it to your face, then light the screen back up when you take it away from your face... If your proximity sensor is defective, or blocked by a screen protector, this won't work the way it should.

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
Yeah i have a screen protector. that might be why. but im pretty sure my cheek isnt gonna press any buttons so why isnt there an option to keep the screen on?

Reaction score
I recommend you cut off part of your screen protector, or get a different brand (I've used the ones from the VZW store and they work fine, but they're relatively expensive). The sensor is roughly where the notification LED is, but on the other side of the speaker. If you take a picture of your phone with a digital camera, the IR beam usually shows up as a red glow. As for your cheek touching buttons.... It very definitely could. When I work, I sweat, and the pockets of my shorts get damp. This dampness, combined with the movement of my leg (through the material of the pocket) causes my phone to unlock itself, open various apps, change settings, and/or text random words to my friends. Today, it was "Coke Kiwi". These touch screens are much more sensitive than you think. Can I also recommend that if there is a number you call frequently where you input numbers (Voicemail+ password, bank+ account number + PIN, etc) that you save those sequences into the number, so that the phone dials them automatically? When you edit a phone number, you can add a p or a w from the options menu. P is for pause, and it inserts a blank of roughly two seconds. W is for wait, and it will wait to send the next sequence of numbers until you click something on the screen. Obviously, Ps are less work. You can have multiples, so you can add a few pauses to get around long prompts. I'd say that once you cut your screen protector (first, try going into settings and turning off in pocket detection, it's known to be buggy), you'll be much happier with the way your phone works. I know I enjoy mine. Hope that helps.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Yeah i have a screen protector. that might be why. but im pretty sure my cheek isnt gonna press any buttons so why isnt there an option to keep the screen on?

It's definitely a better idea to figure out why your screen isn't auto turning on & off. Your face will hang up on people & what not if the screen doesn't turn off. I had this problem, my screen was staying on & causing me to hang up on people.

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
You actually helped me a lot. I had no clue about the numbers thing and as for butt or pocket dialing, I have a pattern password set up so I don't do that. I got the super thin protectors from verizon, like 15 bucks for 3 hah, yeah that's expesive but they help. Ill definitely try cutting the top off of my protector and see if it works. Thank you for your help :)

mike_merryguy

Reaction score
for 10 bucks you can get one at the mall kiosk that is perfect, has 2 cutouts at the top, if you turn on ur screen (qwerty closed) above notification bar (clock says 2:04) pretty much right above the 0 there is a cutout and I have gauge battery widget and above the left where my bat % is there is another one, its about quad the size of the 0 one (0 is same size as 0),
I got one of those invishield "super" screen protectors for like 25 bucks that you can take a key to it, no cutouts and my screen didn't auto off up to face and it was ANNOYING as crap, check WILL push buttons b/c its skin and the screen responds to skin...

woahdroid

Reaction score
I recommend you cut off part of your screen protector, or get a different brand (I've used the ones from the VZW store and they work fine, but they're relatively expensive). The sensor is roughly where the notification LED is, but on the other side of the speaker. If you take a picture of your phone with a digital camera, the IR beam usually shows up as a red glow. As for your cheek touching buttons.... It very definitely could. When I work, I sweat, and the pockets of my shorts get damp. This dampness, combined with the movement of my leg (through the material of the pocket) causes my phone to unlock itself, open various apps, change settings, and/or text random words to my friends. Today, it was "Coke Kiwi". These touch screens are much more sensitive than you think. Can I also recommend that if there is a number you call frequently where you input numbers (Voicemail+ password, bank+ account number + PIN, etc) that you save those sequences into the number, so that the phone dials them automatically? When you edit a phone number, you can add a p or a w from the options menu. P is for pause, and it inserts a blank of roughly two seconds. W is for wait, and it will wait to send the next sequence of numbers until you click something on the screen. Obviously, Ps are less work. You can have multiples, so you can add a few pauses to get around long prompts. I'd say that once you cut your screen protector (first, try going into settings and turning off in pocket detection, it's known to be buggy), you'll be much happier with the way your phone works. I know I enjoy mine. Hope that helps.
Not sure. But does your phone have in pocket detection? That would help a lot.

Reaction score
Not sure. But does your phone have in pocket detection? That would help a lot.

If you'd even read my post (you know, the one you quoted... Not the OP's post), you'd have seen that that was the first thing I told her to try....

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
lol, guys dont fight. theres no way in HELL im paying 25 bucks for a screen protector that does the same as the one i already have. i appreciate everyones input and i got it to work when i pull it away from my face. so thank you all for commenting and helping me out :biggrin: