Ok, what to do?

Raiden7800

Reaction score
My Droid got stolen over a week ago. Finally got it back. Called Verizon to take the phone off the Negative list and put it back into service. At the time, my phone was on the car charger. The operator asked for the MEID HEX which of course I had to remove to the battery to access.

I removed the battery which obviously shut the phone off. I read off the number, and replaced the battery. Now, its stuck at the infamous "M". I can access the bootloader "2C.7C" screen, I cannot access the recovery module by pressing "X".

I downloaded the .SBF and RSDlite 4.6 as instructed in a couple other places, but RSDlite does not see my Droid. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x86. Supposedly the RSDlite and the SBF should keep the phone from ever being permanently bricked, assuming I flash correctly, however, what am I to do if I can't get RSDlite to recognize the existence of my phone?

My phone is stock, unrooted, running Froyo 2.2. Nothing fancy, no issues with the phone that a simple on/off cycle didnt fix. Now with the removal of the battery while it was plugged in screws it up? Doesn't make sense to me how removing the battery while plugged in is any different than simply removing the battery to reset the unit.

I know that there has to be someone out there with a way to get RSDlite to recognize my phone.

Thanks in advance!

*UPDATE*

Setting RSDlite in the Config menu to "First Come First Serve DeviceId" seems to have resolved this issue. RSDlite found my Droid and now it is back to factory.

Just a little update to add to all the other info on this topic. Thanks to this forum for all the info that helped me to unbrick my Droid!

This is specifically for a stock Droid, most of the topics I see on here are for units that have been modified in some way.

Thanks!

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you got your phone back and in working order - most of the time after something is stolen, it is gone for good - this is a very happy ending :)

OP
R

Raiden7800

Reaction score
So I have a slight issue now. When I reflashed to 2.0.1 I noticed that my camera no longer worked at all. The app would simply hang on a black screen and I would be prompted to force close, wait, or report.

After manually updating via the recovery module with a 2.2 .SBF, the camera works again, but will not close properly. I press the return softkey, I get haptic feedback, but the camera remains active. If I wait for about 30 seconds I am prompted again to force close, wait, or report. Pressing force close does the deed, but there should be no reason for this. 3rd party apps open and close perfectly fine.

Any ideas?