Tried to install SPRecover but......

OP
E

eggebarwood

Reaction score
so...once I hook up the wire to the phone I can plug the other wire in and mount it?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Once you have the wires properly inserted you can then plug the phone into the PC with the Motorola cable (see why you don't butcher the Moto cable?) and you should be able to access the bootloader and maybe even recovery.

OP
E

eggebarwood

Reaction score
Once you have the wires properly inserted you can then plug the phone into the PC with the Motorola cable (see why you don't butcher the Moto cable?) and you should be able to access the bootloader and maybe even recovery.

I got the wires all ready...but once I get into the bootloader what do I need to install next. Sorry I am really new to all this.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
You flash a full SBF following the instructions in the link I'm about to provide, boot it once to make sure everything's okay, then start re-rooting it with the proper files. :)

Everything after the booting once to make sure everything's okay is optional, of course, but since you're here and have the phone wiped out anyway, why not flash SPRecovery from link two in my signature and try a custom ROM?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/73579-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

Do you need the full SBF?

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
or he could flash SPRecovery then download a ROM and flash that. I lost all my nandroids and recovery yesterday and my device wouldn't boot. So I just SBF'd recovery mounted device, dropped a ROM on it and flashed.

OP
E

eggebarwood

Reaction score
or he could flash SPRecovery then download a ROM and flash that. I lost all my nandroids and recovery yesterday and my device wouldn't boot. So I just SBF'd recovery mounted device, dropped a ROM on it and flashed.

Looks like I am back to factory...I want to root this and try the new Bugless ROM. any tips?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Almost every time we've tried to do that over on Moto's thread it hasn't worked, so we're going with this method to save some time and frustration. :)

For anyone reading this who wants to root and have a custom recovery image on their D1, follow link 2 in my signature.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Almost every time we've tried to do that over on Moto's thread it hasn't worked, so we're going with this method to save some time and frustration. :)

For anyone reading this who wants to root and have a custom recovery image on their D1, follow link 2 in my signature.
Roger that...just put it out there that thats the route that worked for me. Good to know that didn't work for some people though.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Man I love the forums!! :dancedroid:

DroidForums junkie!!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Just as a confirmation and explanation. The SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf contains BOTH SPRecovery AND a 2.1/ESE81 kernel. When you apply this to a phone running 2.2 or above, it will have major problems as the OP posted. MotoCache1's .sbf file ONLY contains SPRecovery and NO kernel so flashing that over the top of a phone that's already borked with SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf will essentially do nothing at all to the mismatched kernel issue.

That is why furman's solution of flashing a full .sbf is the only real solution to the OP's problem, and what worked.