Help please!!! Started to root now STUCK!

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Do they really let people try them out???????!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well thats good you have it to where you like it!! Is it hard to use for like texting being its so big?

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Do they really let people try them out???????!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well thats good you have it to where you like it!! Is it hard to use for like texting being its so big?

Most of the time developers will select a handful of people to test their roms out before they release them to the public. This way any bugs can be reported and fixed before official release. Same goes with themes..

Corniacakes released some screenshots of the theme, they looked REALLY nice. Not sure how far away from release it is though..

As far as the DX.. I LOVE the size of the screen.. I never used to physical keyboard on my D1, but the virtual keyboard with a screen this size is real easy!

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Oh well i might have to send them a message!

Yeah i rarely use the physical keyboard it's more of a pain! Hmmmm.... I'll have to keep that in mind!

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Oh well i might have to send them a message!

Yeah i rarely use the physical keyboard it's more of a pain! Hmmmm.... I'll have to keep that in mind!

So which ROM did you settle on?

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Well the first ROM I decided on was.... ChevyNo1 SS 4.8 which I really liked!

And now I don't know what ROM I have...... lol. I really like JRummys theme Pink Life, and the theme came with a rom....I just don't know which one.... I like it though! Its a lot faster than it ever has been!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Some phones like some ROMs a lot more than others, just like kernels, and some phones can be pushed a lot faster than others. I'm running a 1.1 ULV kernel that gets me more battery life than running stock speeds with the stock kernel ever did. Some phones can go to 1.3GHz and others can't be pushed past 800MHz.

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Lol... Thanks Huskerkate :D

Hmmm..... did you have to do a lot of playing around to figure out what works best? I really really like the speed AND the battery life I have right now. Well the battery life could always be better! But as it is I only have to charge it at night instead of 2 or 3 times a day!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i've tried pretty much all of them - not necessarily to try and find the best one for my phone, but just because i could flash any rom i wanted. but, that process is also kinda necessary to find what works best on your phone. i've found my 2 or 3 favorites, and i hop back and forth from time to time, depending on my mood and depending on updates.

i ran LithMod for a while, and it's a nice rom - ran really well on my phone. also, kanibull and JRum have been promising that an update is coming soon. if you're satisfied, play around with it for a while. if you're anything like me, you'll soon start getting the itch to flash, and you can try something else. there's new roms and new versions of existing roms coming out all the time. it's fun to see what else is out there; plus, you can tell (by process of elimination) what your phone likes and what you like in a rom. but, there's nothing wrong with keeping a rom for a while if you like it! ;)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome: awwpickle!

I must say, with a thread that started with problems in the rescue squad area and now has moved so far along with 159 posts (as of now), I really have to agree with the post that huskerkate (or someone) posted way back when; that you have become the most popular poster on DF. You are definately in very good hands and couldn't get much more help to further you in your droid hacking and customizing venture.

good luck

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
So far I really am liking the Lithium Mod! It seems to work really good! But I believe as soon as Cakes new theme is out I might end up seeing how UD runs :) lol The only problem is its almost 3 in the morning and I can't seem to log off droid forums! I just want to keep looking at themes and apps and rom's! I thought sleep was creeping up on me..... but then it took off in the opposite direction :(

Thanks teddyearp! I thought I was a lost cause, but they helped me with my problem and then a lot more! Getting stuck ended up turning into directions and troubleshooting on how to root, and then what a ROM was, and then how to flash a rom, and then to themes lol! It's my all in one guide dancedroid

I sure wish Verizon 611 was half as good as the people on here!

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Soooo..... here I am rooting again.... and what do you know... I'M STUCK! lol.... I am trying to root my bf's D1, and everytime we try to add with the rsdlite, it takes like 2 min for the file to even load, and then it asks to manually restart phone. Then I do that, reboot up holding the up arrow on dpad, and everything looks great, then the rsdlite says PASS, then i go to reboot with the x, and I get the stock reboot picture, and it won't give me any options. Its just kinda stuck there?? What the heck did I do wrong? What the heck can I try!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try reflashing the file with RSD Lite

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
And are you making sure you press up on the D-Pad to catch the bootloader? If not, it will boot into that instead of SPRecovery