RSD Lite Issue

beanx

Reaction score
Im having pretty much the same issue that nailerdog posted about but with a twist, i purchased this motorola droid from a friend for 20 bucks, anytime u plug it into an outlet and try to power it on it comes up and says Battery To Low To Program on the boot loader screen, well i got past this by cutting up a USB cable and connecting the positive and negative to the battery connectors inside the phone like this...

24c9sh3.jpg

Now im at the boot loader screen that says...

29ktjs3.jpg

I have installed the RSDLITE 4.9 and the latest Motorola Drivers from Motorola, and i cant get RSDLite to find my phone at all, even if i check the first come first serve option under config, the only way i can get it to recognize it is to roll back from RSDLite 4.9 back to 4.5.3 and then it will recognize it and say its connected but when i add the .sbf file and hit start i get this error...

"Device SE flash OMAP3430 MI is not supported
Failed flashing process unable to find initialization values INI file (0x7029)"

Im not a beginner in anyway when it comes to android ive been messing with them for about a year now started out with a droid and then moved over to sprint where i have a rooted EVO that i mess with alot, if there is anything anyone can think of to help id really appreciate it im out of ideas and i hate to just throw in the towel and say its broke, the phone will go into recovery when i try to do a factory wipe it just gives me a bunch of E: open dev then says it ran out of trys, clears my cache and data and thats it, i still get the white M screen and all that just when i try to power it up it goes straight to the bootloader 2C.7C screen. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled each version of RSDLite from 4.5 all the way up to 4.9 as well as old and new motorola usb drivers as well as rebooting my machine each time. When i plug the phone in after holding Up + Power my computer does recognize the Motorola SE Flash interface or whatever it says when you plug them in and load the boot loader so idk please help...

**EDIT**
As far as i know this phone was not rooted when i got it and is not the phone in my signature, the guy said one day it just started giving him the low power cannot program screen.

Last edited:

phalstead

Reaction score
Apologies if I'm not allowed to post here and by all means delete my response if I'm in the wrong, but have you tried running RSD Lite as an administrator yet? Also, I dont advise using hacked up cables to flash anything. There's my disclaimer. Its your phone, so its your call.

That should at least get 4.9 to recognize the device.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

huskur

Reaction score
Apologies if I'm not allowed to post here and by all means delete my response if I'm in the wrong, but have you tried running RSD Lite as an administrator yet? Also, I dont advise using hacked up cables to flash anything. There's my disclaimer. Its your phone, so its your call.

All the "hacked up cables" are doing is providing power. Thats no worse than rooting and running a hacked up rom in my book. Yes, I have root and yes i would use hacked up cables if i had to. (just threw that in so you can my stand point)

FYI RSD lite 4.8 runs native as administrator

phalstead

Reaction score

All the "hacked up cables" are doing is providing power. Thats no worse than rooting and running a hacked up rom in my book. Yes, I have root and yes i would use hacked up cables if i had to. (just threw that in so you can my stand point)

Sure, aside from the fact the ROM won't short out and provide goofy voltages while attempting to do something via USB and herpaderp the phone.

huskur

Reaction score

Sure, aside from the fact the ROM won't short out and provide goofy voltages while attempting to do something via USB and herpaderp the phone.

If you know what you are doing like in the OP's case you don't have to worry about shorting out. It's basic electricity. To keep constant power to run the bootloader you need a good charged battery which he cannot provide due to the circumstance he is in at the moment

jcl197

Reaction score
USB provides 5.0 volts DC current whereas the battery only provides 3.7 volts DC, the higher voltage may cause undesirable operation of the device. Have you tried getting a charged battery and trying to flash and see if you have the same problem.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums