Rooted 2.1 then updated, cant make outgoing calls or access settings menu

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by kramman, Sep 3, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. kramman

kramman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well im having a bit of trouble. gonna be kinda long. so i had rooted my 2.1 with easy root and installed a custom rom. Verizon kept trying to push 2.2 ignored it for a little then said wtf ill do it. not too worried about loosing root. no issues. this was about 3 days ago did the smaller 2.2 update that adds flash support last night. today i go to make a call and it crashes when i hit the phone shortcut on my home screen. so i restart and now it says "application not installed" when i hit the phone button. so i was going to downgrade back to 2.1 . searched around a little i think i need RSD lite im running 4.5.3 on win7 supposedly got the stock Verizon 2.1 file to load back on the droid when i go to start the transfer (from the power + up dpad boot loader) select the file from my computer and RSD gives me the message "Platform is not defined for CDMA_TYPE-OMAPCHIPSET." and is giving the model as "SE Flash OMAP3430 MI". ok so i hit start and get message "Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file. (0x7029); phone connected) any thoughts or suggestions?
  2. kramman

kramman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i fixed it. searched around and found that if i stared the droid while holding down the power button and x on the keyboard then once it booted pressing the volume up and camera button i could erase all user data. Thats all i needed to do. all functions were restored. proceded to root 2.2 again as well
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Thanks for coming back and posting your solution and it's nice to see you got your issue worked out ;)
Search tags for this page
android wont make calls after rooting
can not call international on rooted phone
code to access program menu on lg ally

i rooted my phone now i can't make calls

my rooted phone unable to recieve calls
rooted phone and now cant make a phone call
rooted phone now i cant make a call android
rooted phone will not make calls
unable to make calls on lg ally
www.droidforums.net 77638-rooted-2-1-then-updated-cant-make-