Rooted 2.1 then updated, cant make outgoing calls or access settings menu

kramman

Reaction score
well im having a bit of trouble. gonna be kinda long. so i had rooted my 2.1 with easy root and installed a custom rom. Verizon kept trying to push 2.2 ignored it for a little then said wtf ill do it. not too worried about loosing root. no issues. this was about 3 days ago did the smaller 2.2 update that adds flash support last night. today i go to make a call and it crashes when i hit the phone shortcut on my home screen. so i restart and now it says "application not installed" when i hit the phone button. so i was going to downgrade back to 2.1 . searched around a little i think i need RSD lite im running 4.5.3 on win7 supposedly got the stock Verizon 2.1 file to load back on the droid when i go to start the transfer (from the power + up dpad boot loader) select the file from my computer and RSD gives me the message "Platform is not defined for CDMA_TYPE-OMAPCHIPSET." and is giving the model as "SE Flash OMAP3430 MI". ok so i hit start and get message "Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file. (0x7029); phone connected) any thoughts or suggestions?

OP
K

kramman

Reaction score
well i fixed it. searched around and found that if i stared the droid while holding down the power button and x on the keyboard then once it booted pressing the volume up and camera button i could erase all user data. Thats all i needed to do. all functions were restored. proceded to root 2.2 again as well

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for coming back and posting your solution and it's nice to see you got your issue worked out ;)