Help please!!! Started to root now STUCK!

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
I have tried reflashing several times. And yes I promise I'm catching it! I've tried it about 20 times.... possibly more! lol

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
No when it finishes installing it has powered itself back on, and I have to manually shut off the phone and then turn on holding up key on dpad, then the rsdlite will finally show the PASS, so then I have to manually power down.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you catch the bootloader you should continue holding down up on the d-pad until it says "SW Update Complete" and the phone will return to the bootloader menu. Then you should be able to boot into SPRecovery. The only reason I know of it returning to the stock recovery is if you failed to catch the bootloader and the phone put your recovery back to stock

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you continue to hold it down until it returns to the bootloader menu

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Yes! It worked! Kind of... Now at a screen saying installation aborted.... I think there might be something in this thread about when it happened to me last time...lol

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good:) What does it say before that?
It might be that it's named wrong or not on the root of your SD card
Make sure it's renamed update.zip but if your computer hides the .zip of a file then only rename it update

OP
awwpickle

awwpickle

Reaction score
Ok so i went back and read what was going on with my phone before. I re set the sd card, I made sure that it was named update.zip and made sure it wasn't plugged in while doing the last step but it still isn't working.... again I got the no such file or directory E:can't mount SDCARD:update.zip Installation aborted.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you're in SPRecovery, go to mount options, if it says disable USB mass storage at the bottom of the list, then click that

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
And make sure your computer doesn't hide the .zip file. If it hides the .zip then you're actually renaming it update.zip.zip. Go to the saved file on your computer and read the entire name of the file. If it doesn't say .zip at the end then only name it update. If it does have .zip at the end then rename it update.zip

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think it matters as long as it isn't mounted. Go to the mount options in Recovery and check to make sure it says it isn't mounted